Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

241 - 260 of 701 Posts

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
A little side story.
In 2000 my mom came down with her 5th bout of cancer. This time it was Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. She went for Chemo and in between treatments she was cleared to travel so we went to Germany for 2 weeks. Throughout 2001 and most of 2002 she had to have different treatments. She was in remission and at her apartment when my homeless druggy sister came to visit and get money from mom. My sister had the "SAR's virus and knew she was sick but her need for drug money was more important. My mom got SARS and then SARS developed pneumonia and died at 72 years old.
Picture on my mom and wife on the Rhine River Cruse. It was cold and windy but we still had fun.
Rhine River cruise 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #242

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
welldarnit! prisons are releasing minor criminals and those susceptible to virus. My county's population is gonna triple, and we just got done locking up all them morons.

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
Sorry to hear that about mom! Your sister reminds me of a lot of people I know, and the old saying, the more people I meet, the more I like animals. I hope your sister does have a change of heart, get her act together and can be forgiven, I have 2 I would trade for a pound of poop and would feel I got a half pound free. Glad you had the time with your mom when she was able!

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
New coronavirus drug, goldfish should be safe from coronavirus,arthritis, and malaria, unless they hang out with some disreputable characters.

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
So, I'm thinkin, the more people that get infected, the faster it will spread, and after everyone has had it, it won't be a problem anymore and we can begin reversing the damages? Maybe a "vaccine" for younger healthy people is to get it and get it over with. (I am willing to rub up against a few young lady types and try to spread it a little if my theory is correct)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Then you would want to inject them, then neglect them and then reject them.
Love Stinks !

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
In UK:
All public venues to close (pubs, cafes, restaurants, theatres, cinemas ordered to close,
Schools close from today, exams cancelled for this year.
but not a full lockdown yet, just request to stay home and keep distance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So, I'm thinkin, the more people that get infected, the faster it will spread, and after everyone has had it, it won't be a problem anymore and we can begin reversing the damages? Maybe a "vaccine" for younger healthy people is to get it and get it over with. (I am willing to rub up against a few young lady types and try to spread it a little if my theory is correct)
This is the idea behind Boris Johnson and his "mass immunization".
Sadly,
  • it is based on the presumption that this virus is like Polio so once you're over it you're immune (that's why vaccines exists). This is uncertain and debated.
  • even if you're able to keep its death rate to 2%, the 2% of millions of ppl is thousands of ppl sacrified to makes the others stronger
so i'd strongly discourage this way to go. ;)

In UK:
All public venues to close (pubs, cafes, restaurants, theatres, cinemas ordered to close,
Schools close from today, exams cancelled for this year.
but not a full lockdown yet, just request to stay home and keep distance.
THIS ARE GOOD NEWS!!!
I'm more worried for my daughter (which works in a sort of Vegan pub in London) than the rest of my whole family here.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Agree with @Parduz (best wishes to your daughter, I hope she has people around to support her)

The public has developed immunity to flu - but we still get it every year, so even if it happens it isn’t guaranteed to be useful. In the short term “herd immunity“ might take momentum out of the pandemic because there would be fewer people to catch it from (in theory) but how many are we prepared to sacrifice? (I don’t have an answer)

Remember too that the 1918 flu pandemic hit in 3 waves, it covered the globe 3 times over two and a bit years. The second wave was the worst, not the firs.

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
We have an abandoned cemetery up here that is 1/4 filled with headstones from WW1 dead and 3/4 full of 1918-1920 Spanish Flu dead.
But that flu virus is rumored to still be contagious from bodies dug up from northern lands like Greenland, 'Shetland Islands' in North UK and Faroe Islands where the permfrost down deep has slowed the aging of the dead.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Boris Johnson is trying to feather the brakes - but the tools he has are very clumsy for that kind of subtle control. It’s a high stakes gamble from what I can see.

The upside is that people like me (semi-retired, financially secure, able to pick and choose what work we do when) have been able to voluntarily take ourselves out of the system while more important workers and 9-5ers can go about there business for longer.

Test, trace and lockdown seems to be the most effective answer but maybe he will pull it off.
I’m definately not a fan of his but at least he is allowing experts to be front and centre for a change.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
We have an abandoned cemetery up here ....that flu virus is rumored to still be contagious.
I know that 30,000 year old viruses have been taken out of permafrost and could immediately infect a (non-human) host.
One of the fears about melting icecaps is that a virus could be released that affected/killed off now extinct species of human such as denisovans. We would have no immunity because we have never met it before.

I don’t think we know how long they can last. They aren’t alive so they don’t “die” but they are fairly complex structures so sunlight, oxidation, mechanical damage etc can disrupt them. Burying and freezing can protect them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
(best wishes to your daughter, I hope she has people around to support her)
Yes, she lives with his BF (which is italian too), but has a stable and better job (he's following his career while she's still going to an acting school, so her job is just for pay school, rent and food).

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Thanks Parduz, first i’ve seen of hospital footage. Please keep your post coming as it appears you are two to three weeks ahead of the American, U.K. curve . We can only hope you post of things getting back to normal.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #258 (Edited)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Update:
not really on the COVID19 (793 deads, of which 546 in Lombardy alone) but on why we got that hell there.

The most credited theory is
A F.....G soccer match.

The numbers seems all right:
ATALANTA-VALENCIA, 19 FEB 2020, SAN SIRO STADIUM, MILAN, LOMBARDY
COVID was still thought as a Chinese thing, 45000 fans from the northern regions got to see the match (Atalanta is the Bergamo team, and that was sort of the higher match/championship it even reach. Not a soccer fan, so i'm ignorant)
MARCH 4, 14 exact days after the match, while the first cases were found and they were searching for patient 0, the sky falls on Bergamo and it begins what you see now.
MARCH 9, Atalanta team goes in Valencia, playing the day after a closed door match.
MARCH 16, Valencia says that all his personnell is found positive to Corona Virus.

This all seems very plausible. We had 45K patient 0.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
And in the States on this side of the Atlantic we have stupid spring break ID10T kids celebrating all together on the beaches where it's warmer sharing much more than what stuff they usually share. Expecting to see a similar explosion of positive infections in 2 weeks after all those kids go home all over the place in the USA. The younger they are it seems the more they think they won't be infected or contribute to the spread.

241 - 260 of 701 Posts