Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago we were riding home on a side street we often take and suddenly there was a 4 inch deep hole in the road! It had not been there long because we take this route often, and had in fact gone this same way the day before. There was construction not too far from there so we are thinking that the heavy trucks probably tore up the road. My wife was on her PCX and I was on my Burgman 400. We were following a pickup truck as a whole line of cars and trucks were moving ahead from a red light in 5 o'clock traffic. We both hit the hole so hard it jarred our teeth. We thought we had bent our rims, but the bikes just kept on rolling. We got home and looked the bikes over, not seeing any damage. However, I am still worried. Do you think the rims are OK? Should we be looking at anything else?:mad:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
use the main stand, and spin each while at the time while checking for anything weird movements, up-down or jumps, its basically the same as bicycles wheels. if the spining doesn't look smooth you may want to get the wheels re-balanced-

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Keep an eye out for blisters on the tires and Call Pothole Harry to get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts