Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I open a question to you gear heads. The Hayabusa is 1300 cc with four cylinders, the Burgman is 650 cc and two cylinders, both are Suzuki motors. Has anyone checked to see if the heads or pistons or cams or any other parts from the Hayabusa motor will fit the Burgman? The Hayabusa has many performance parts available and that motor makes serious power. Is it possible to put any of those parts on the Burgman motor for extra power? I have looked everywhere and no one seems to make performance parts for the Burgman 650. I already have the high flow air filter and performance exhaust but another 10-20 horse power would sure be nice as I ride with Harley's and they can still take me on a roll on (but not by much). I don't even see an overbore kit. I love the Burgman (I got rid of my modified Yamaha V-Max, 150+ hp) after riding it, but a little more power would be nice. I have modified and raced motorcycles all my life and at this time in my life the Burgman 650 is the way to go. I know that most scooter rider are not as performance oriented as motorcycle riders and thus the lack of performance parts for the Burgman but I'm open to ideas guys.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
No direct fit -- those are different pistons altogether. As one man said, "I have never met a bike yet that wouldn't need an extra 10-20 hp."

Reactions: wolfrider

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Administrator
18,749 Posts
Not much will interchange. Adding a PowerCommander gives a couple HP, an aftermarket pipe/muffler another couple, High flow air filter couple more. You'll spend $1000 + for about 8-10 HP. ?????

NOS makes a twin fogger kit that gives like 4 different HP shots, 9, 12, 17 and 25 HP each so 18, 24, 34 and 50 HP total but no one has tried it yet. Was $400 last time I looked.

·
Registered
753 Posts
How about a turbocharger? Wouldn't that be fun? It seems to me that it would be fairly easy to hide one under the tupperware. That would be sneaky as all get out wouldn't it?

I did know a guy around 15 years ago that had a place in Houston turbo a PC800 for him. He just wanted to have a faster PC than everyone else did and he got what he wanted. Seeing a Pacific Coast do power wheelies on the freeway was really something to behold.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The only concern I'd think there would be with making more beans is would the final drive handle the extra power let alone the clutch. It's be something to check into FWIW.

·
Administrator
18,749 Posts
How about a turbocharger? Wouldn't that be fun? It seems to me that it would be fairly easy to hide one under the tupperware. That would be sneaky as all get out wouldn't it?

I did know a guy around 15 years ago that had a place in Houston turbo a PC800 for him. He just wanted to have a faster PC than everyone else did and he got what he wanted. Seeing a Pacific Coast do power wheelies on the freeway was really something to behold.
I think there is an aftermarket Turbo kit in Japan. There are 1000's of highly Modded scooters in Japan.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would go the turbo way as apposed to NOS and I have all ready looked into it as this is one of my side lines in my motorcycle restoration business ( I do performance mods from mild to wild for customers) .BUT it is not cost affective for the power gains,eg ,head work, injection work ,clutch work, electrics >BUT that has never stoped any one in doing it .MONEY and KNOWLADGE and any thing is possable

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

·
Administrator
18,749 Posts
When I had crashed my first 08 650 and was looking for a replacement, I was looking at everything automatic shifted. I did a lot of research on the Aprilia Mana 850GT. Every thing about that bike was fitting my needs, all BUT the REQUIRED and I mean REQUIRED maintenance. At 22,000 miles if you do not change the rubber drive belt and have the "Factory Scan tool" to reset the ECM, it goes into "RAIN" mode and half power. The dealer charges $800 for this service, every 22,000 miles. The SRV850 is the same engine/CVT.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It's probably a standard Ducati service tool, which shouldn't be to hard to find.
Still, I'm not impressed with Italian motorcycles, as they have a reputation for high service costs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I appreciate all the information on the possible Hayabusa and Burgman 650 parts interface. Not looking good. I have installed turbos on cars but not much luck on scooters (lack of room and low speed air flow). I did help my neighbor put a NOS system on his 250 Honda scooter. It does great burnouts. We did a video of it a couple of years ago. Not sure what site it is on. He also has a Halfabusa sticker on his Burgman 650. I can find out where he got it if you are interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My final drive is turning two 15" car tires and the factory disc (for e brake) all the time while carrying my 260# arse pretty quickly. There is some room for hp. I would bet about 25 more wouldn't be a problem with good maintenance. Plus you're not gonna hammer it at every take off. Right?? right?? ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts