Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I've had my Burgman 400 out in a downpour at 70 MPH and didn't have a drop in the trunk. I've been out in the rain quite a bit and never had any rain in the trunk. That said, it still never hurts to take a little extra precaution 'just in case'. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
I have done several trips in the rain and found the underseat storage stays fairly dry. Our clothes were kept in saddlebags in liners. I usually keep Helmets, and extra clothes in the underseat area, but again they have always been dry.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I took a trip from Seattle to Corvalis Oregon a few weekends ago, and it rained the whole time -- five hours each way in the rain at freeway speeds, and several hours in absolute downpours.

Everything in the trunk and glove boxes stayed bone dry. I -- in my rainsuit -- stayed dry, too, except for my hands. Next time I'll have better gloves.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I too have been in seriously bad weather with my 650 and have never encountered any water in the trunk.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just got caught in a heavy downpour (again) a few days ago. I've never had any water get into any of the storage (underseat or glove box). As long as I was moving the fairing did a good job of keeping the rain off me - but once the traffic stopped I quickly got drenched. This is on a 650... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts