Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have not heard of anything. I just looked and could not find anything either. Suzuki is not doing real well financially so that hinders development.

Some models just don't get updated. Yamaha still sells the TW200 which other than color changes is exactly the same as it was when released in 1987, that is 28 years!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yes, there is a new 400 coming our way according to Suzuki GB and Suzuki France, and as reported in the French press sometime ago.

It's only Suzuki's car division that isn't doing well so I'm told. Do you have any evidence that Suzuki's bike division is in bad shape?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yes, there is a new 400 coming our way according to Suzuki GB and Suzuki France, and as reported in the French press sometime ago.
Got a link? I looked all over the Suzuki GB site and could not find anything. I also looked on French sites but could not find anything either but I don't speak French so good chance I missed it.

It's only Suzuki's car division that isn't doing well so I'm told. Do you have any evidence that Suzuki's bike division is in bad shape?
It is in the USA, they stopped selling cars altogether and restructured the motorcycle sales. I assumed it was similar globally but I could be wrong.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/suzuki-motor-america-dealership-cuts/

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/598/15708/motorcycle-article/court-approves-american-suzuki-bankruptcy.aspx

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yes it's just the USA. No problems anywhere else. In fact even the car division is doing ok throughout europe. You won't find any announcements about the new 400 model on the official websites. They don't do that until it's ready and about to be released. It should be later this year from what I hear (October time I reckon at all the shows here in urop). I've had phone conversations with Suzuki France after seeing there announcement in an interview in the French press last year. Suzuki GB told me the new 650 would be first out followed a bit later by the new 400. I'll see if I can find the link in French and I'll post it. But I think it's been on here before last year with a link to the article. Can't fully remember.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I'm always worried lest they should ruin the design trying to improve almost a perfect one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That would probably make it a '16 if it comes out in Europe in Oct or so and then the USA usually gets after the first of the year.

Get rid of the matte colors!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I will receive my Burgman 400 ABS L5 next week. There is almost no changes from 2013+ models

·
Registered
255 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts