Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an annual Harley Blowout here in my neck of the woods. Some 50,000 motorcyclists come from all over to attend. I enjoy cruising around during the event just to check out the other bikes. Yesterday I coasted to a stop right next to a couple Harleys. One of them said "hey man, is that thing electric?" I laughed out loud and said no. He said that it sounded electric when I was slowing down. I guess from that perspective I understand his question.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I had a guy sitting in an SUV (waiting for his wife), ask me (in a friendly way), if that was a "motorcycle or a moped?" :lol:

He meant well.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Well most people don't know, truth is I don't much care for the name scooter that much,
yes for under 400 cc's it's fine.
But coming off (most recently) a 1200cc BMW I feel a little funny, so I say "Touring Scooter" whenever I am asked any questions. let them figure it out. :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Two different people on two different days have asked me if my 400 is electric after I've slowed down and stopped in front of them. I wonder if it makes an electric-motor-like whining sound from the front when you do that?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
A young boy from the neighborhood walked into my garage one day last year and asked me if my scooter was electric. I told him no - gas engine. He stared at the Battery Tender Jr I had plugged into the wall outlet with the wire running under the seat to the scooter battery. He refused to believe that it wasn't electric powered.

(I haven't had a similar incident since I installed the Remus exhaust though.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts