Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to buy a new burgman 650, I'm in Los Angeles Calif. I went to the dealer and got a quote for $7550.00 OTD for a new 2004 AN650. I'm just wondering if that is a good price.

Can anyone refer me to a dealer who is willing to deal, thanks.

george :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Don't bother looking in Riverside County. That beats all the prices I found last weekend. By "out the door" I assume you are including freight, set-up,
sales tax, title & license. I found an 03 for $5999 but they insisted on adding over $1100 for freight & set-up. The ones that had 04s were not that bad on the junk fees but the base price was far more.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It will be pretty difficult to find a better price in California.

And by that price, that means the REAL out-the-door price, including tax and EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bought a 2003 Burgman 650 last week in Biloxi, Mississippi from an older gentleman. Only 1,140 miles and extremely well maintained. Gave $4,500 for the bike. I felt like I got a really good deal and so did my wife - which is most important 'cause she's definitely the boss.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks. It had been years since my last bike, an 1100 Katana. The Burgman is much more comfortable. My very first ride was a 3-hour journey from where i purchased the bike to my home. It was all I wanted for a first trip, but the two thunderstorms I rode through didn't help. If only this stationary front would pass so I could get in some sunshine riding.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks.
Rode 241 miles today with the intention of crossing the Lake Ponchartrain bridge over to New Orleans. But when I go to the causeway they said it was closed to motorcyle traffic due to high winds. From the way it looked they did me a huge favor, it looked like something out of The Perfect Storm. The Burgy handled great in about 200 miles of non-stop rain though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found one in the showroom for $6599 in Riverside Co. (Calif.).... Probably won't be there when I finally get enough $$$ in a month or so... I thought MSRP was $6599?? Now I noticed the Suzuki website jacked it up to $7699... still for '04!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
cujosocal said:
I thought MSRP was $6599?? Now I noticed the Suzuki website jacked it up to $7699... still for '04!!!
The Law of Supply & Demand at work, maybe.

As more Burgmans are seen on the road, and as people read about in places like this great forum, more people want one so Suzuki can demand a higher price...and get it.

Early adopters got a better deal, but they ran the risk that if the bike didn't catch on they could have been stuck with an "orphan" with limited service/repair/upgrade options.

·
Registered
409 Posts
George:

look in the classifieds. The 03 for sale in san Diego seems the way to go.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I found one in the showroom for $6599 in Riverside Co. (Calif.).... Probably won't be there when I finally get enough $$$ in a month or so... I thought MSRP was $6599?? Now I noticed the Suzuki website jacked it up to $7699... still for '04!!!
Pretty sure I was in the same place. They still add set-up charge to that.
Difference is they don't add nearly as much as Chaperrel(sp) in San Bernadino. Price out the door will still be about $7500 with tax, title & license. I have tried Perris, Temecula & Escondido & no better. Still have to try Corona.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts