Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Jeff

That distance is twice the recommended interval for first service!

Enjoy the trip.

· Premium Member
11,251 Posts
What are the driving limits in the States for a commercial driver (Big Rig or Greyhound Bus for example)?

I do not recall the exact rules but there is no way a commercial driver in Europe would be allowed on the roads for those sorts of hours without sleep and with such inadequate breaks.

My point is they do not make these rules up for no good reason, whle you may think it is a challenge to do these endurance trips you are hazarding other road users if you do so with a sleep deficit.

If you want to push yourself - try climbing a mountain dressed as a bear or something!! :lol:

· Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Brian

I admire your approach. Using those benchmarks from the HOS 'rules' is a most sensible and responsible approach.

Hopefully the Iron Butt chappies who regulate and make awards should take cognizance! :)

· Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Re: I made it. One long ride!

camrakid said:
snipAfter 491 miles I decided it was too cold to continue and pulled into a hotel about 3:15 am. I headed back out at 8:50 am, and rode another 911 miles to home (Wichita, KS), arriving about 2:45am.
snip.
Respect :thumbright: - and glad you got home safe!
That ride was a real achievemnent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.