Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Just keep in mind that pushing like that will tire you out, both mental & physical.
Iron-butt or trip to the store - one stupid mistake and your in a world of hurt.
Personally I just don't see it simply because in order to win you need to do everything contrary to safe riding
-Hell of a gamble -if you win you get a piece of paper -if you lose no one ever heard of you
-either way don't become an accident looking for a place to happen. :wink:

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Brian wrote
The only thing out of the ordinary would be staying at it for 24 hours instead of the usual 6 to 8 hours of a more typical long trip.
Well it's just me then, I only put on about 22000 miles a year on my bike, but I am not riding 24 hours with out sleep- and if I did for me it would me contrary to safe riding.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Brian wrote
The way things stand now, if a drunk driver kills someone he or she is likely to get no more than 6 months in jail and a few hundred dollars in fines. It's outrageous.
I'll give you a big AMEN to that :!:
The trouble is the lawyers, judges, and politicians all drink themselves .

· Registered
2,385 Posts
If everyone who tried the Iron-Butt thing had your brains and self control --I could see changing my mind .
You may have pushed a little but you sound like you enjoyed your ride, and that's nice. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.