Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the list of Iron Butt certified riders, I noticed there was only one Burgman, that of a T. Schaefer in Germany. The recipient of the Saddlesore 1000 certificate. (1000 miles in 24 hours) All done on a Burgman 400.

How far have you ridden in one day!?

I'm gettin' a load of crap from my friends for getting a "scooter" so I asked them if they wanted to go on an Iron Butt Ride with me. They all said "Yes!" Of course you all know I'll get the last laugh on that ride! 2 of them have crotch rockets, and the other two have their "Cool" Harleys! I'm guessing the two with the rockets have no clue what an Iron Butt Ride is, as they're quite young, relatively speaking. So it'll be interesting if they do it or not.

·
Registered
220 Posts
A piddling 160 mile round trip. And I had a sore butt when I got home. But I guess if I kept doing it my butt would get used to it.

As for the crotch rocket guys, I used to be one of them. They're only fun in the twisties. When you're doing an interstate they turn into medieval torture devices. Your legs, your ass, your wrists. A 100 mile non-stop ride on an F4 on an interstate will do a number on all of the above.

I'm not going to do any distance riding until I remove the "back" rest so I've a bit more room in which to change positions. The back rest, as pauljo says, is really a "butt stop."

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Power Ball jackpot was up to 205 million a couple of weeks
ago so we use that as an excuse to take a ride from Columbus to
West Virginia to get tickets....we drove all the back roads down and drove
along the Ohio river......beautiful ride. I was back 11 hrs. and 430 miles later. I did not get sore until the last 3 hrs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ted White said:
A piddling 160 mile round trip. And I had a sore butt when I got home. But I guess if I kept doing it my butt would get used to it.

As for the crotch rocket guys, I used to be one of them. They're only fun in the twisties. When you're doing an interstate they turn into medieval torture devices. Your legs, your ass, your wrists. A 100 mile non-stop ride on an F4 on an interstate will do a number on all of the above.

I'm not going to do any distance riding until I remove the "back" rest so I've a bit more room in which to change positions. The back rest, as pauljo says, is really a "butt stop."
Check out my way to solve the backrest problem for drivers.
http://www.rvtoys.net
Jac

·
Registered
394 Posts
As stated in an earlier thread, I have a friend who owns a Silver Wing and his wife rides a Burgman 650. They did a Saddle Sore 1000 on their maxiscooters last year. That is a 1000+ miles in 24 hours. Why it is not on the Iron Butt Assocation website, I don't know.

This year they intend on going for the 1500 miles certificate, the Silver Wing rider in 36 hours and the Burgman rider in 24! I said it before and I'll say it again, they're crazy.

Me, 400 miles in one day is my max so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts