Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it looks like a real pain on the butt to replace/check spark plugs for mechanically challenged people like me, wouldn't it be worth the extra cost to get these 100,000-mile plugs? Although I've been told time and again that it's a waste of money. :roll:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I will have 20,000 shortly on the OEM plugs, at that rate how many plugs will I use b-4 it's time to rebuild.What do 100,000 miles plugs cost ?
You will have to have the valves done so have them do the plugs.
:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Are the 100,000 mile plugs the iridium plugs? If so, excpect to pay about 3-4 times the amount of a regular plug. :shock:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JD said:
Are the 100,000 mile plugs the iridium plugs? If so, excpect to pay about 3-4 times the amount of a regular plug. :shock:
Yeah, both platinum and iridium plugs are supposed to last over 100K miles. They are $5-10 a piece, and we only need two. My vulcan needs [email protected]$7 each for NGK iridium. This brand is not available for burgman, though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Changing plugs at 7,500 miles is a little ridiculous. I can see changing them every 15k when the valves are looked at. Why pay more for 100k plugs

·
Registered
925 Posts
I wonder why NGK doesn't list the Burgman on their site? You can find plugs for just about any other m/c or scooter on there. Kind of dissapointing.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I saw that plug was for the Suzuki SV 650, but I didn't know if it would fit
in the Burgman's 650.

·
Registered
394 Posts
AN400

Yes, the plug for the Suzuki SV650 & the AN650 are the same.

I do agree with your earlier post though that NGK should list the AN650 on their website.

If anyone wishes to provide the number for the spark plug that goes in the AN400K3 or newer, I'd be happy to check which Iridium plug from NGK would work. I suspect it will be as easy as adding IX to the end, like it was for the AN650.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The OEM plugs will last awhile but I did replace mine as suggested in the manual. The thing worth mentioning is the carbon build up. My plugs were in great shape but did have some carbon on them. I'm sure if left unattended the carbon build up would get worse. It really isnt that hard to change them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Spark Plugs

Don't forget no matter what plug you go with use Anti Sieze or some other like product on the threads and don't get it on the tip of the plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts