Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually this is more of an airbag for your head. I wonder if a motorcycle version may be in development and if it would be road legal.
I think a lot of riders would prefer this neck warmer compared to a helmet. What do you think?

http://www.wimp.com/invisiblehelmet/

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I don't see this passing DOT specs for motorcycles. It might work for bicycles since the top speed is much lower. A trauma nurse told me once that motorcyclists without helmets are referred to as "Organ Donors", so I am inclined to want to wear a hard helmet, always. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I can just see how long that "THING" would last when you are travelling at even 50 MPH.............!!!!!!!! It would POP like a balloon - which it is...!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Interesting but I too feel it would pop when sliding down the pavement.
For a bicycle or <50cc moped it might be a good thing.
Maybe for those no helmet states something is better than nothing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wes_Ingram said:
... It might work for bicycles since the top speed is much lower. ...
I don't know. I've broken 50mph on my bicycle several times; 30mph on a regular basis.
While I always wear a helmet on both, I find it interesting that I won't ride Scout w/o armored jacket & pants, but ride my bicycle in short & Tshirt.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I've often wondered about that same dichotomy.

I was on the BRP this past weekend and in some downhill sections, I couldn't pass the cyclists if I maintained the speed limit (45).

ATTGATers wear everything for a 25-30mph ride to the corner store... Coincidentally, I've seen bike messengers filter city traffic at those speeds :shock: .

I'm situation-dependent. If I'm on the big cheese grater going 70-plus all day - I wear it all. But for a quick trip to the store - well, I've let my attire slide sometimes - but never left without the helmet.

Now, back to the airbag helmet. I agree that it's an interesting idea for bikes and city scooters. Beyond that? I don't know... I wouldn't want to test-pilot them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts