Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all:

I am the proud new 74-year-old owner of a new (yes - new!) Burgman 400. Started out with a used police Harley back in 1947, but had not ridden bikes since 1974 until I vacationed in Greece two years ago and rented a small scooter and fell in love all over again.

After Greece when I went to Germany I spotted my first Burgman and was enthralled. Now I finally have one! At first I thought it was a German bike because of the name (Burg = fortress or fortified city) and only later found it to be Japanese.

Perhaps a little long in the tooth to be starting all over again, but I love it. I am a retired prosecutor turned photographer and artist on a semi-pro basis (former long-standing hobbies which I can now pursue full time).

Which brings me to a question: I will be carrying a rather large Sony F828 digicam with me and would like to know if anyone can recommend the best way to carry it on the scooter, keeping in mind safety and padding? Just how hot do you suppose that underseat storage gets?

I will also be interested in saddlebags and an easy helmet lock (I don't like the underseat clamp) and perhaps a larger windscreen.

Thanks for all advice.

Konrad Poth
LaGrange, KY
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Konrad,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! And congratulations on your new scooter.

You could always add a Givi trunk instead of saddlebags. This would give you lockable storage away from the heat of the engine. A better place to carry your camera - and a place to stow your helmet too. And, unlike saddlebags, it wouldn't interfere with getting at the underseat trunk. Costlier, yes - but much more useful and convenient than saddlebags. I use mine on every ride - even if it is just to stow my helmet, gloves and riding jacket, when I stop.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Konrad. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 400. I'm sure you have a blast riding it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Konrad,

Welcome to the Burgman family. :hello1:

As an avid digital photographer, I would suggest that you get a GIVI Top Box. Keep your camera in a good quality, well padded camera bag and you should be fine. The top box will give you quick access to the camera when you need it, plus there will be ample room for other necessities.

Reg 8)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Konrad and welcome to the forum!

Have fun on your new scoot and I'm looking forward to your photo postings. You can't use the I don't have a camera excuse. :lol:

·
Registered
793 Posts
There are DV cameras for about $130 that'll fit in your pocket
but they need a USB ported computer to edit with.

Welcome to your new forum for Burgy's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts