Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pastor in Arizona who needed a reliable method of transport for my vocation. I've always wanted a motorcycle but after 2000 mostly in town miles on my 2012 650 Burgman I'm glad I don't have to shift. And now Arizona's weather moderates. No more riding in 115 degrees for a while. :D
Revlurch

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can readily relate to the heat issue. We also get humidity which makes it worse. Be safe out there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the Forums Pastor!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from another desert rider around Palm Springs Ca.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wow, you ride in the daytime during the summer? I lived for a year in Yuma back when I was a young man (was stationed at MCAS Yuma) and had a motorcycle as well as my car. During the daylight hours in the summer, the car was used as it was way too hot to ride. Even touching the bike during the daytime was inviting burns. Not me. I see you live quite a bit north of where I was at but having been to Phoenix visiting friends I don't think your summers are that much cooler. Man, you have my admiration for using a motorcycle for your only method of transportation.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, you ride in the daytime during the summer? I lived for a year in Yuma back when I was a young man (was stationed at MCAS Yuma) and had a motorcycle as well as my car. During the daylight hours in the summer, the car was used as it was way too hot to ride. Even touching the bike during the daytime was inviting burns. Not me. I see you live quite a bit north of where I was at but having been to Phoenix visiting friends I don't think your summers are that much cooler. Man, you have my admiration for using a motorcycle for your only method of transportation.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Don't fit for motorcycle sainthood yet. Kept my car for the really bad days. Anything over 115 the Burgman stays in the garage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome from a Chaplain in the Commonwealth of Virginia! We get high temps and lots of humidity in the Summer, making riding just miserable! I guess I'm nuts, but I live alone and have five vehicles for various occasions! 2005 Dodge Magnum as my fun grocery getter, 1998 Dodge Dakota 4WD truck for the snow and hauling duties, 1971 Chevelle SS when I want to relive my teen years, a 2008 SYM RV250 for local and short runs, and a 2011 Burgman 400 for longer runs and just plain fun...especially in the mountains! Anyway, be safe and God bless!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts