Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

What speed Internet connection do you use to view the forums most of the time?

  • Dialup connection (56k or below)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISDN or wireless service (64k - 128k)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cablemodem or DSL ("high speed" connection)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faster than cable/DSL (T1, T3, etc)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what percentage of the forum members are using 'high speed' internet connections. As the number of forum members increases, we've had an increase in the number of inline images being posted. For those on dialup connections, viewing large images can take a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Cable here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Cable internet here which I have a love/hate relationship with. It is GREAT when it works. But is BAD when it is down. I think cable internet tends to go down a little more than DSL.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
I'm curious as to what percentage of the forum members are using 'high speed' internet connections. As the number of forum members increases, we've had an increase in the number of inline images being posted. For those on dialup connections, viewing large images can take a long time.
Is this poll closed now Bill?

If so I think the results are quite revealing, I did not think so many would be on dial up these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NormanB said:
Is this poll closed now Bill?

If so I think the results are quite revealing, I did not think so many would be on dial up these days.
Norman,

I didn't set an end date to the poll. Actually, based on the average connect speed in my area and the computer support callls I get at work, I'm surprised the percentage of dialups isn't higher. I expected between a 1/3 to 1/2 to be on dialup.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
NormanB said:
Is this poll closed now Bill?

If so I think the results are quite revealing, I did not think so many would be on dial up these days.
Norman,

I didn't set an end date to the poll. Actually, based on the average connect speed in my area and the computer support callls I get at work, I'm surprised the percentage of dialups isn't higher. I expected between a 1/3 to 1/2 to be on dialup.
Bill

I asked if there was an end date, because as the page is presented to me, there is no vote now, or view results option (or is that because I have voted?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Norman,

Once you have voted, the vote option is no longer available to you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Thanks Bill - I kinda thought so. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
wonderful DIAL UP here. It's all I can get. That's the one sucky part about living in the sticks. The dsl and cable stops 6 miles up the road. :cry:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,083 Posts
Same here, but the cable stops 1 mile away. DSL N/A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got Charter cable myself. I'm usually really happy with it, but not the last night. Cable was out for over 9 hours. More than 5 hours of that could have been avoided if the tech guy had been worth a **** rather than just telling me the network in my area was down. :evil: Upside is my gripes got my modem reprovisioned for a 50% faster download speed. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
I've got Charter cable myself. I'm usually really happy with it, but not the last night. Cable was out for over 9 hours.
Very strange. Cox Cable has been reliable for over a year. Friday night they went out about 10:30pm. Came back about midnight, but I was ready to go to bed by then.

On the plus side, they recently boosted speed at no extra charge. Overall, they have been very good - once in a while and email outage for an hour or two. They also provide a free spam filtering service that is about 98% effective and a free pop-up blocker that is about 85% effective.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top