Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Suzuki is jumping into the hyper-competitive naked literbike fight with its new GSX-S1000.

In August, we revealed spy photos of the new Suzuki GSX-S1000 riding around in what appeared to be a brochure shoot. From those spy shots, we gathered the latest entry in the naked streetfighter wars checks many of the boxes required for the category: minimal bodywork, handlebars instead of clip-ons, upright seating position, and what appears to be the GSX-R1000 engine from circa 2005-2008. The GSX-S1000 has now officially been unveiled at Intermot, and we can say the engine is, in fact, a refreshed K5 Gixxer power plant...

Read more about the Intermot 2014: Suzuki GSX-S1000 at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I personally wouldn't want that big a bike but it looks nice. I like the look of the new nakeds or perhaps they should be called lingeried or bikinied??? Obviously they are trying to compete with the Kawasaki Z series and the new Honda CBs. Now if Suzuki built this same thing in a 650 or smaller I might start saving my $$!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Already longing for the round headlight Bandits and SV650/1000. These new designs are intolerably ugly and will age poorly. Suzuki is also offering the GSR 750, which is close to what you're thinking. Minimize the goofy plastics, add a round headlight and presto! instant classic.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't think they're trying for "classic," they're going for "new, cutting-edge." ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
certainly will get into fight with the triumph street triple, this bike looks really mean though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts