Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum yesterday. I've been researching the Burgman 400 for my wife. During my browsing on the internet I found an interesting site and thought I'd share it with those of you who might not have run across it. It's an interview, translated from Japanese into English, with the team that developed the Japanese market Skywave (Burgman to us) 250 and 400. Let me know what you think.

Since I posted this a few minutes ago I've been reading more of this interview. I highly recommend it to any of you who have an interest in why your Burgman was designed the way it was. I found an answer to a question I had about how the linked braking will function in low traction conditions.

http://www.voidstar.com/bff/burgerview.html

BTW, I ride an HD Road King Classic and will be very pleased to ride with my wife should she buy the Burgman. From what I've learned in the past couple days, the Burgman is a very capable, machine.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Thanks for the link Randy and welcome to BurgmanUsa. I hope things go well and your wife gets her Burgman.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy,

Welcome to the forum. If your wife gets the Burgman I know you'll sneak a ride on it every now and then. :wink:

I still own & ride a motorcycle, but I rack up more miles on the Burgman 650 lately. "Twist & Go" can be addictive....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<If your wife gets the Burgman I know you'll sneak a ride on it every now and then.>

Actually, I'll probably ride it home from the dealer. That'll be good as it will give me a feel for how the Burgman handles. If my wife decides she doesn't like riding it I'll inherit it in the long run. Probably the only way I can justify a second bike. Hey! Wait a second! Maybe I should convince her she needs a Boss Hoss! :wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Yah! I've seen that Boss Hoss critter. A sorta motorcycle wrapped around a chevy V-8 (for those who haven't seen one). Handle bars are about 5 feet wide... Must be kinda like riding a steer in a rodeo. But it would be fun to just park it and watch folks come up to look at it with their jaws hanging down.

When I lived in Connecticut there was a place where hundreds of motorcyclists would congregate on Sunday mornings (Marcus Dairy). On a sunny summer Sunday, you would see all kinds of different motorcycles. One Sunday there were two Boss Hoss's there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts