Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my last mountain ride I realized it is time for a new rear tire (belts showing after only 7800 miles :rolleyes:). A guy that has a tire shop in town that I recently met said he had some tires for me to look at. He does a lot of the local's motorcycle tires and wanted me to try out the Avon Viper Stryke on my scoot. I must say that the tire's profile intrigues me as it is much more flat and fat with a lot more rubber in the center than any of my other tires and a very stiff sidewall. I said I heard the are not as sticky in the wet but he assured me they were and if I didn't like them he would do a swap for no charge.
Well needless to say I have a new Avon tire on the rear of my scoot and for $50 mounted and balanced I am happy. Going to scrub it in this afternoon on a ride to the lake.
Will keep you guys informed with my experience as the miles roll on.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
MY '03 400 came to me with 12.5k miles and a set of Viper Strykes with unkown mileage on them. I replaced the rear tire with another VS after 3300 miles or so, howwever I only got 5200 out of it before it had reached its time--not impessed. As I recall They were not great on the wet, however I try my best to avoid "the wet".

In any event I did not buy them again and instead at 21k miles replaced both front and rear with Michelin Power Pure SCs, and have never looked back--24k miles later. at 45k, I am now on my 2nd front (the 1st lasted 19k miles) and 3rd rear--when it's time I will buy more...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts