Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
In reference to darksiding... "Depending on the amount of over pressurization, the tire’s steel bead wires can slip, allowing the tire to tear at the bead and explode violently."

I don't much care as I don't darkside, but I thought it interesting that the MC rim manufacturers specifically make them larger than the size indicated so CTs can't be fitted.

I think darksiding is safe, but these two facts are enough for insurance companies to deny benefits, no matter if it's the MCers fault. Perhaps they don't bother with it on small payouts, but might be a risk on a $1m payout to one desedents.

Nice read, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Perhaps they don't bother with it on small payouts, but might be a risk on a $1m payout to one desedents.
Very few people are policies with $1M payouts. I'm going to go ahead and guess less than 5% of the US population has such policies.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Very few people are policies with $1M payouts. I'm going to go ahead and guess less than 5% of the US population has such policies.
Whatever... It's was just a demonstration figure. Insert any large insurance payout amount you wish. The point is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts