Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went for our first two up ride last night. Weather was perfect about 72 degrees and calm ( we live in FL). Alot of bikes out and most are HDs and other cruiser brands. Seems like that type bike is most popular at least around here. As we are approaching a light I notice a bike behind me so I move to the right of the lane as we stop for the light and the bike pulls up next to us. We both are first in line at the light. The bike next to us is a HD and it is really loud. The driver comments on my bike stating that it looks comfortable. His girlfriend/wife?? comments that it has shocks. Evidently her comfort on the HD is not being addressed. Well, the light turns green and I decide to give the Burgman a little more gas than I usually do and leave the HD, and all the cars, pretty much sitting at the light. I, no pun intended, scoot up to the speed limit and hold it there. A few seconds later the HD speeds past me with a rather puzzled look on the drivers face and the pipes on his bike barking for all they were worth. I just hope I didn't cause a problem with the wife/other bugging the guy too much in trying to talk him into converting to a Burgman.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Great story ! First off how did your wife like the ride and comfort. I just love the silence of our Burgmans. I couldnt handle that loud bark for any length of time on a bike.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Burgrman Burgman and Burgman man

Burgrman Burgman and Burgman.... man

We might have to start our own marketing consultancy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife loved the ride. Thought it was very comfortable almost Goldwing like. I have a trunk on the back for her to lean on. I also raised the shock preload to level number 3 which helped the ride as well. Tires are 41 lbs. rear and 36 front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts