Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
A very similar bolt-on adapter plate comes with the $80 moto/ATV lift sold by Princess Auto (Canada's Harbour Freight). That was eight years ago, so it might be pricier now.. Good to see the idea is still getting some mileage.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I realize that not everyone has room for a lift table, but I bought my lift table from Harbor Freight for $285 on sale and have never regretted that purchase. I sure makes routine maintenance chores a lot easier. Although you still have to jack up the bike to change the rear wheel and the 650 is so long the center stand rests on top of the removable plate at the rear of the lift table.

Greg

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dang Buffalo, that's a good idea, I'm assuming you can lift the bike with the extension in place?

Greg

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Dang Buffalo, that's a good idea, I'm assuming you can lift the bike with the extension in place?

Greg
Yes. You might notice the wood under the extension. That is a piece of 4 X 6. When the table is lowered the extension sits on it to keep it from bending when I roll the front wheel out on it. If you position the bike so that the end of the center stand legs just clear the removable plate when you lower them down then when you put the bike up on the center stand the front wheel moves back off the extension onto the table. At that point you can raise the table up just like normal.

I could weld some angle iron braces on the extension so that I don't need to use the wood to keep it from bending. However the wooden block works just fine so I've never gotten around to doing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts