1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
Was it just me or right at the end did Roy seem more interested in the cop on the big boys bike rather than Susan on the Honda 50? :laughing6:
the way he was focused I think the cop could have been on a unicycle with a flat!:booty:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Remember slogan: '' You meet the nicest people on a Honda''

Honda arrival change motorcycling for ever, it make motorcycling respectable, affordable, give motorcycling class.

The Honda CUB be inexpensive and bullet proof, anyone could ride CUB without problem. CUB get aver 100 mpg plus have leg protection.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Brought back memories of my early riding days. Bikes overall were a lot smaller back then. I started out on a Honda Cub, was considered to be enough. Rode it for two years then upgraded. My 305 Honda Scrambler was considered to be a pretty big bike when I started riding it. Saw both of those bikes in the film.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oh to live again in simpler times :D
Oh, I don't think things were simple back then at all. Many of us were looking at being drafted and having to go to Vietnam.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
739 Posts
Oh, I don't think things were simple back then at all. Many of us were looking at being drafted and having to go to Vietnam.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
My draft # 125... My brother was #2.. He flunked his physical..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Oh to live again in simpler times :D
Those sure weren't simpler times for me. I worked hard attempting to avoid the draft. Since my friends and classmates were coming back from Vietnam dead, crippled or crazy, it was a trying time. I finally got into the reserves on the day I received my draft notice. Paying my own way through college was another challenge. To me, these are the good old days because I can finally afford the toys I want, I have time to ride or do anything else I want and I am in no danger of being sent to war.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Those sure weren't simpler times for me. I worked hard attempting to avoid the draft. Since my friends and classmates were coming back from Vietnam dead, crippled or crazy, it was a trying time. I finally got into the reserves on the day I received my draft notice. Paying my own way through college was another challenge. To me, these are the good old days because I can finally afford the toys I want, I have time to ride or do anything else I want and I am in no danger of being sent to war.
+1.. 13 guys from my high school class were killed over there (out of a class of 160) .. some still live with their issues..and yes the toys I want is a good thing..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I remember when a 500cc bike was considered large displacement. Now a 500cc is considered a beginners bike.

·
Registered
515 Posts

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
I was already in and had been for a few years , stuck around from 1960 to 1967 and got out. Would have been proud to have been sent to SE Asia, but Uncle Sam decided I was more useful in other places. ( There were a lot of other places he sent me)
Still feel guilty about not volunteering for SE Asia some times though. Still cannot visit the memorial wall, too many friends names are there.:(

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was headed to Nam back in 1973 along with four others, but our orders got redlined due to the pulling out of our troops and we all ended up being sent to Europe instead. I was willing to go and do my duty, but I can't say that I'm disappointed in going to Germany instead! Great two years there and saw a lot of stuff that I would never have gotten to see had I not been in the USAF! Also spent two years at Little Rock AFB. The USAF was A-OK! What was shameful was how we were treated by the general public! I was proud to wear my uniform when not on duty, but was advised not too due to all the negativity towards the troops. Going down town...change into civilian clothes. I remember how my Dad talked about how well he was treated during WWII and off duty. He didn't have a car, but didn't have to walk far as someone would always offer him a ride and thank him for his service.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I served almost 9 years active duty in the Marines. Every time a chance came up for being outside of the USA, I volunteered to take it. Got to travel to places like Europe (Italy, Spain, Greece, France and such). Thought I had missed the Vietnam War, but got sent along with my helicopter squadron to help evacuate Saigon during the Fall of South Vietnam and to Phnom Penh, Cambodia during the Killing Fields. So, I got to be a part of history. Not as much fun as reading about history. Finally Congress got around to moving the end date of the Vietnam War to include us, so I guess that makes me a Vietnam War Vet. The best thing that came of my trip to southeast Asia was I had exposure to Buddhism. That changed my life for the better.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dandy I can't go there either.. I tried once.. lost it very quickly...way too emotional for me to do that.. tough when they are more than names there.. hard when you picture the **** you did with them.. picking up girls.. snowball fights.. that sort of stuff.. and now they are "forever young"... Nothing to do with politics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts