Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While checking out LeDude's Youtube channel, I saw a link to St Clair tunnel tanks. I was considering a Givi version, but after looking at St Clair's video, I tihnk I'll wait until he releases a 650 compatible tank bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh11q0fUSEc

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Tunnel Tank for the 650 isn't on the market yet, but I will definitely buy one. It has 8 liters of storage, more than most tunnel bags as far as I know.

I'll keep you posted. I want to modify my Burgman 650 for some longer rides - even international ones!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'll keep you posted. I want to modify my Burgman 650 for some longer rides - even international ones!
International? Aren't you in Australia?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have lived many places, but born/raised Sydney, "Ostraya" - probably emigrate next year. Time for a change. Sea freight shipping - 21 days from Sydney to Los Angeles. Air freight is prohibitive on any bike that's ever had oil or gas in it. "Dangerous goods" classification.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mike33, I sent them an email inquiring about price and availability. Sent it Saturday morning, expect to hear from them this week.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe Stanley St Clair wants to bring the prices down and wants to start making the bags in production runs of 1000 units.

He has made tank bags for the 400 and 200 (250?) Burgman, but nothing has ever been released for the 650 yet. He was saying "soon" in February 2014, but still nothing!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike33, I sent them an email inquiring about price and availability. Sent it Saturday morning, expect to hear from them this week.
John, don't be surprised if you get no response from these St Clair guys. Having said that, if you do in fact get a reply, please let use know what they say. There seems to be very little progress or news updates on their tunnel tanks for the 650.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have lived many places, but born/raised Sydney, "Ostraya" - probably emigrate next year. Time for a change. Sea freight shipping - 21 days from Sydney to Los Angeles. Air freight is prohibitive on any bike that's ever had oil or gas in it. "Dangerous goods" classification.
Let me know when you get here... I'll show you the good riding spots. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay - thanks from Ostraya....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have a Bestem, and it serves a great purpose, but it's all regular material so it's flimsy when not full. I do rank it at one of the best things I've bought for my Burger though.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I too emailed them. They have yet to respond....hmmmm

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Bestem (manufactured by ADLO China www.adlo.net) boxes come with a base plate. Dependent on what type of luggage rack one uses, or else utilises the Bestem ADLO base plate. If using Givi luggage rack then some slight trimming of the latching mechanism and surrounding plastic might be needed to get the box to fit.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Tunnel Tank bag by St. Clair......I've never dealt with a company promoting a product on their active web-site seemingly ignoring a huge customer base. I want to give this company my money, they just don't seem to want to take it. I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts