Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Honda Canada web site, CTX 700T no ABS, no heat seat, no heat grip, no large screen, no storage, no DCT, chain drive sell for $9,600.00 include transport in this price. No top case available, set of 29 litre panier with color code panel extra $900.00, heat grip extra $300.00, rack with small passenger backrest extra $350.00.

This become $11,200.00 bike with no ABS, No DCT, 1/2 under seat Burgman storage when add panier, little wind protection, no electric screen, no electric mirror like Exec.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wait...in 2014, a $9600 touring bike doesn't even have ABS? Seriously?!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I seriously think the 500X is a better choice.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, Portugal is beautiful. Reminds me of Ca in places.

Eh on the bike. If I were to ever get back on a MC, this would me a good choice. But I like my rear brake on the hand.

Did you see how this guy hardly ever stops? We need more roundabouts in the states. So much more efficient than stop signs.

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
We need more roundabouts in the states. So much more efficient than stop signs.
While you may be right, and I may be too old;) , I personally don't care for them, and usually avoid them.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I love the ones that are so narrow that a semi needs to touch BOTH curbs to make the turns!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ah roundabouts....wicked fun in Australia on the opposite side of the road..:rolleyes: gets rather hair raising on a busy day and major junction...good practice for jack rabbit starts right into a steep lean.
Down the road at Smithfield

of course we COULD be here...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
We used to have on in Fairfax, Va. that was known as Fairfax Circle. I was an insurance adjuster there at the time. I worked a lot of accident claims that happened there. I was grateful when they changed the roads and installed red lights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The wildest roundabout I drove on was in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I think it was a 4 lane roundabout that was gigantic. I was like a free way in SoCal but going around in a circle, definitely not for the faint of heart!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I doubt most Americans could handle that. There's a few in CA and I remember the rotaries from back east. The work very well when people know how to use them (not for the Griswalds, "look kids Big Ben and Parliament"). I enjoyed using them on the wrong side of the road in the UK, don't forget your signals, lol.

There are a few for sale listed on this Craigs mash list . That was quick .
http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?itm=honda&fil=CTX%20700%20&pg=&loc=&q=honda%20CTX%20700
2014 for $6,500, great price.

Ah roundabouts....wicked fun in Australia on the opposite side of the road..:rolleyes: gets rather hair raising on a busy day and major junction...good practice for jack rabbit starts right into a steep lean.
Down the road at Smithfield

of course we COULD be here...
Good thing they found the accelerator pedal in time.

Bicycles certainly adds a new level, just throw in some pedestrians and you'll be complete.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Bicycle lanes are well marked an cyclists savvy ( and have the same right of way ). Pedestrians stay away from the major ones tho all the street ones the walkers add some spice ....and some are **** tight when you need to go on a 270 degree loop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts