Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iread that bit about 10 percent interest rates on a bike, got me thinkin, I have a grand nephew, parents are a cop and school teacher, he's 4, I am getting ready to leave this area and may not be in touch in a year or so. I would like to set up a college fund for him (he's the last of the family, no other children will be forthcoming, there are no others) everything I can think of , stocks bonds cd's prepaid college funds lottery tickets etc, all seem at least risky if not high risk, and cash is devaluing daily, interest rates at banks are not keeping up with deflation, Metals are no longer an inflation hedge unless held at home, gold is a gamblers bet since the last spike, and silver and copper held at home would require enoumous space and protection.
The only thing I can think of that seems a safe bet is booze, and that aint safe without a sober guard.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Where you moving to ?

Disclaimer ... If I had faith in a future I’d do the following:

Farm Land with existing Ag Exemption that will be leased
when shopping look for overlooked old wood growth of hard woods
and a fresh water source with all mineral rights included in purchase.

Annual gifts of used bulk Lego until he’s 13
then Junk Silver Coins until he gets married or fathers a child.

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daris , there's a military retirement home on Mississsissssisspppisisssppsiissssiiii, I can live there and they will be the ones doing laundry, mowing yards, grocery shopping, cooking etc, I will have nothing to do except keep my room and bathroom clean and free of alligators.
RollingStone I am debt free (except for a small tab at the kitty kat klub) health is , well , too late on that one. and all that other stuff will be provided at the retirement home.
Mom is gone now and I have no responsiblilities so as soon as I can, I'ma move. That debt clock is why I am trying to find an investment for the kid that will not de value faster than the guvmint can spend money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Inflation is going to go thru the roof with all these new taxes on small business and the "war" on America's energy production. I certainly wouldn't keep any cash at all. Gold, bitcoin, ammo, a few acres of land, a new car or motorcycle, sailboat,..anything but cash in the bank or under the mattress. Heck, even a 30 day cruise would be a better investment than holding onto that cash.

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be on to something with ammo, it can be stored for long periods, resale is always a possibility with the right buyers.
Hmm, think anyone would get suspicious if I bought $25,000.00 worth of .45 fmj?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You might be on to something with ammo, it can be stored for long periods, resale is always a possibility with the right buyers.
Hmm, think anyone would get suspicious if I bought $25,000.00 worth of .45 fmj?
I'm thinking .223 would be more liquid, at least here in Nevada it's always in great demand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts