Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if a Throttlemeister and a Bearcat from a K4 650 will fit on a 400 Burgie?

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
I can confirm for the Throttlemeister as I have fit one on my 06 400 and helped Robin with fitting on her 08 400. I don't have any experience with the Bearcat so I can't say for them.

The inside diameter of the handlebars on the 03 and 04 650 and both the early (03-06) and late (07+) model 400 is the same so yes they will fit.

The inside diameter of the handlebars on the 05 and up 650 is larger so a Throttlemeister made to fit them will not fit on the 400.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I believe the Bearcat backrests are interchangeable as well, but would like confirmation.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found this post from the master himself!

Isuzu backrest's
by bearcat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:36 10

My Original Bearcat Isuzu Backrest will fit all Burgman 400’s and 650’s and provides great lower back support. This Bearcat Backrest will give you much needed legroom, however if you don’t need the extra legroom, I now can include custom made “leg extenders” that will allow you to adjust the backrest forward for those “shorter” riders. The Backrest will give you a very comfortable ride, reduces driver fatigue and allows you to become “one” with your bike.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Bill ask Bearcat but I think when he said they will fit all he did not mean they are interchangeable. The 650 and 400 are not the same I do not think.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The frame for the buttpad is very different. about 3 inches difference in the distance of the holes in the seat. But if you push hard enough I am sure you can make it fit. :wink:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what bearcat says: "Bill,
No it won't fit. The legs on the 400 are closer together than the 650. If
you have a big vise and a pipe wrench or know a good metal worker you might
try bending the legs closer but they are hardened steel and are tough to
bend."

Looks like I may be in the market for a new one if I swap scoots!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts