Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asking questions for several months on all of the scooter forums(thanks for all of your answers/opinions). I was going to buy a black reflex to match the black honda ace750 that I ride. I loved the burgman 650 when I rode it. very smooth and deceptively fast. I just wanted to keep the price lower. I was checking the dealer, that I bought the ace from a few years ago, and saw in their inventory a used '04 burgman 650. it is black and in perfect condition. it was bought new 4 months ago and has 2k miles, 1st service completed, and 8 months left on the factory warranty. the salesman told me that the owner bought a vtx1800 to replace it.
I worked out a deal that I thought was fair, and pick it up saturday.
thanks again for all of your help over the months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the 650 purchase. I think you'll be very happy you got the Burgman over the reflex in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so too. I won't be limited to short trips or riding solo.
I was going to keep the ace, but will probably sell it. something tells me that the 650 will probably be the ride of choice 99% of the time.
I am looking at different options for luggage. the givi e52 looks loke it compliments the lines of the bike. the e46 looks like another option.
is it neccesary to buy a mounting kit for the monolock cases? the reflex has the rear spoiler the is ready to mount the monolock boxes with the plate that comes with the trunk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
bean said:
I have been asking questions for several months on all of the scooter forums(thanks for all of your answers/opinions). I was going to buy a black reflex to match the black honda ace750 that I ride. I loved the burgman 650 when I rode it. very smooth and deceptively fast. I just wanted to keep the price lower. I was checking the dealer, that I bought the ace from a few years ago, and saw in their inventory a used '04 burgman 650. it is black and in perfect condition. it was bought new 4 months ago and has 2k miles, 1st service completed, and 8 months left on the factory warranty. the salesman told me that the owner bought a vtx1800 to replace it.
I worked out a deal that I thought was fair, and pick it up saturday.
thanks again for all of your help over the months.
He He....Like lookin in the mirror. Went to buy TWO Reflex scooters. Ended up buying two Honda Metro 50cc scoots AND the Burgman 650. Sold my 1500LC. NOW, ya just have to have fun, Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
bean said:
is it neccesary to buy a mounting kit for the monolock cases?
Yes. Givi lists the part number as the E529 for the Burgman 650.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Hi Bean,
I'm Bones on the Reflex forum and we communicated a while back when you were considering the Reflex. You will be very happy with the 650, as you would have been with the 400. They are in a different league than the 250 Reflex, no disrespect intended. I've owned the Reflex. You mentioned you may sell the ACE - we seem to be on parallel tracks as I recently sold mine as well.

I hope you don't mind if I mention here that you are the originator of an intake modification to the Honda ACE 750. Nice to see you posting here.





Peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bleeder,
we seem to have the same taste in bikes( or do we say "scooters" now?).
actually, your reccomendation that I buy the burgman 400 got me to look at the 650 a little harder. I had taken a 10 mile trip on one a few months ago and loved the seating position. it is very similar to my ace with forward controls. and the power seemed very similar to the ace.
I don't know if I can sell the ace though. it is the only bike that I bought new, and will probably be the last. it is a fantastic bike. it just doesn't offer much in the way of weather protection or luggage capacity. and don't even get my wife started on the pillion.lol. the 650 has similar (or better) power and makes up for the ace's lack of amenities. so, I am not sure what role the ace will play. the burgman seems to equal or exceed it in every catagory...... except for the ace's cool sound and retro good looks.
2 bikes? maybe i'll just tell the wife that it is really a scooter and a motorcycle. they're totally unrelated to each other. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
bean said:
maybe i'll just tell the wife that it is really a scooter and a motorcycle. they're totally unrelated to each other.
Or getting her riding the Burgman 650 (to carry your stuff) while you ride the Ace. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
bean said:
I don't know if I can sell the ace though. :)
Yes, I completely understand. I didn't sell mine voluntarily. My ranch foreman has a standing order from my wife to sell any of my vehicles that havn't been used for 6 months, a policy I grudgingly accept the wisdom of or I would've vetoed it. We traveled a bit, I got absorbed in a project and, BANG, my shop is lighter by some fine machinery, both two wheel and four. The ACE is great bike. I really enjoyed modifying it almost as much as riding it.




Peace.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top