Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this would help the acceptance of scooters in the US, since we are very automobile-centered.

1. tires (wish i could bring mine to discount tires for service)
2. cruise control
3. turn signals (i only have one thumb)
4. gas pedal and brakes (ah, retro)
5. cupholders? :)

We now have certain option to use oil and filters originally designed for cars, and perhaps spark plugs too? In countries where scooters are abound, service is hardly a problem, and even in Houston there are limited places I can bring the bikes in for repairs. Without my knowledgeable friends I would not have returned to motorcycle riding. Some integration -- or at least to a level that most car shops can work on scooters -- would definitely be a plus.

No doubt it requires lots of rethinking and compromise in the scooter design to make this work.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Starts like something a few of us on this board could work on. 8) I do CAD (computer-aided design) work designing auto interior trim; door panels, headliners,....O.K., that's no help for a scooter....floor consoles with cup holders, though!

4DThinker does design work as well, if I remember correctly, and is into woodwork. Maybe we can do a retro 'woody' scooter with automotive features? :wink: I forgot, though...he vented on not liking the retro vehicles phase...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts