Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new, I'm sure this topic has come up before (probably ad-nauseum) but I just gotta get my word in.

Before I bought the burger, I called Geico and Progressive to get quotes. I simply stated that, if I bought the Yamaha FJR1300, I'd be unloading the DR350. If I bought the Burgman, I'd be keeping the DR. The resulting quotes were, in a word, mind-blowing (okay, so it's a hyphenated word).

Geico: FJR - $645/year, full-coverage, me as rider, and no other. Burgman - $645/year, same terms.

Progressive (it must here be stated that I'm already insured with Progressive on the DR @ $75/year, full-coverage, no other riders on policy): FJR - $689/year, full-coverage, no other rider. Burgman - $75/year (!HOLY COW! :shock: ), full-coverage, no other rider.

After talking with the rep for awhile (this was a phone-quote), I opted to add my wife as second rider on both policies. (She rides from time-to-time, when prodded.) Final price is: Progressive - $161/year, full-coverage on BOTH bikes, with two riders. All I can say is: "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b!" :lol:

I should probably add that I'm 52 years old - your quote may differ. :wink:

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have my truck and burgman insurance with state farm. the burgman is costing me $202 every 6 months. although i must mention being only 26 my driving record used to be pretty bad with traffic tickets.. :lol: it has only been clear for like the last 2 years, so my premiums may be slightly higher than the average person that has had a clean record for like 20 years

·
Registered
394 Posts
I found similar results with Progressive. Price for two scoots, Burgman 650 and Reflex 250, is less than $150 with full coverage. I use to pay more than that for just the 'Flex with American Family.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Full Coverage

What do y'all mean when you say full coverage? I got a quote from Progressive for over $700 a year! I've got a squeeky clean record, I'm 46 with 30 years of riding expereience. What liabilty limits did you get & what are your comp & collision deductibles?

Inquiring minds want to know :wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: Full Coverage

kbudl said:
What do y'all mean when you say full coverage? I got a quote from Progressive for over $700 a year! I've got a squeeky clean record, I'm 46 with 30 years of riding expereience. What liabilty limits did you get & what are your comp & collision deductibles?

Inquiring minds want to know :wink:
$700 per year is way too much for a person of your age, with a clean records and decades of riding experience. Do you have any prior claims? Try and get more quotes, and it's better to go with a larger name because come claim-time, many of the 'lesser expensive' carriers give an aweful hard time and delay when paying-up. If it was a difference of only less than $100 per year, it's worth it to go with a larger name.

·
Registered
105 Posts
$700?!?!?!?! You are getting robbed my friend. I pay $180 a year full coverage. I don't remeber the specifics, but it is pretty decent coverage. It is through State Farms. I get a decent discount because I have my home owners throught them and two cars, plus my brother and mother have accounts with them, so I get a family discount. Not to mention the Motorcycle Saftey Course discount. You have to look for deals.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geez kbudl! I think I'd be calling and asking what's the deal.

When I first got ins. on the DR, I asked what the difference was between mimimum coverage with a $500 deductible, and full coverage with a $100 deductible. The answer: No difference. Each is $75. Yes, my jaw was bruised as it bounced off the floor. Of course, I opted for full, and specified that I wanted the same on the AN650.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Insurance

I paid about $260 last year for full coverage on my 650 BK with Progressive. This is the rate they were charging for the 600 Honda Silverwing. I talked the lady on the phone into giving me that rate since the BK was so new they did not have a rate for it. This year it looks like I will be paying closer to 500.00 a year. So will the Silverwing guys. I had 100/300 coverage and I think 500 deductables and the roadside assistance.
I can see that any minor crash on the BK or Silverwing is going to trash alot of plastic but this price increase seems a little ridiculous. :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Insurance

re: your quotes. Amazing is a word which best describes the industry!!

Put me down for $131.00 annual, full coverage, 250 deduct'. ... FYI

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imk, (off-topic) is that Beaver Dam, Kentucky?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Insurance

What is editing, and how can it make your life better? It will when you take your time and proof-read what you've written! Thats me I'm talking about, and my last post wherein I omitted the fact that I'm dealing with a burger 400 and everything that can be, is insured with Am Fam and has been for so many years.

In the name of accuracy, and clear channel communication, I now fall upon my keyboard, farewell! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts