Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have for a Burgman 400 or 650? Who do you use as a Insurance Provider? :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have used Markel and Progressive......depending on which one gives me the best deal for the almost same coverage....
They change ever so often, but are competitive for me in my area.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am a Good Sam Lifetime member, and use their VIP insurance. Cheaper than anyone I've checked with so far. I think Foremost came the closest.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
650 and I use Foremost. However, as we have discussed many many times, you cannot compare coverages between individuals or even companies as each company rates individuals based on:

Address
Driving Record/Riding record
Credit History
etc etc etc. Two people living across the street, same age, same vehicle will pay different rates

I'm paying about $100/year for full coverage on my '06 650. But that means nothing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had Nationwide previously but switched to Allstate and got lower deductibles and increased coverages and still pay less than I used to pay at Nationwide.

As others have said the actual amounts wont matter as there are too many variables. I can say that Allstate seems to charge less than Nationwide and they give you more than Nationwide for what they charge also.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
In the UK I use Carol Nash. I pay just over £300 for fully comprehensive joint cover for my Burg 650 and my Honda SH. It also covers me to ride other bikes and has full European breakdown and recovery to home cover with a free car thrown in if you want to continue your journey while the bike is taken home.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My bike is now too old to make full coverage worthwhile. The cheapest policy Progressive will write is $75/yr so I just asked the gal to keep increasing the liability limit until it went over $75.
You really should ask how much it costs to increase the limits as the amount is often little or nothing.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I switched to Progressive from Geico and am happy I did. Geico ropes you in with a low initial rate then raises the premium by 150% when it comes time for renewal. With progressive I'm paying $325 for full coverage with a $100 deductable and towing.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Available & competitive insurance carriers vary in availability and rates from State to State, so what works well one place may not work in another..

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Noth said:
Available & competitive insurance carriers vary in availability and rates from State to State, so what works well one place may not work in another..
Very true, here in Brooklyn, NY geico wanted $525 for full coverage @ renewal with a $500 deductible from $295 the year before. Note, I didn't get into any wrecks or got any moving violations with my license being clean for the past 20+ years.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
As some mentioned above, it varies from State to State regarding companies. Even within the State rates may vary. I've posted a few times regarding this very issue. (About 30 years in the business and now, thankfully, retired) Best advice is to get a bunch of quotes using some captive agents (State Farm, Allstate etc) and some brokers who represent many companies. Compare apples to apples. Specifically, don't use terms like "Full Coverage." To an agent that really doesn't mean anything. Be specific as to the exact amount of liability and property damage coverage you want quoted. Personal Injury Protection amounts (if your state is a no-fault state) and Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist coverage amounts. Collision and Comprehensive deductibes and does that coverage include farkles or add-ons. (Replacing that Givi or Clearview you might have may require some additional $$$).

The main point is to quote exact amounts. I've had people tell me they pay 1/2 of what I do but when I ask them for their liability limits I get the deer in the headlights look. Good Luck and "It really does pay to shop around."

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had 21st Century for a short while and then experienced a substantial rate increase for no apparent reason. So I went with Progressive for a year or so and they followed 21st Century's lead with a huge increase.

I've now been with Geico for five yrs and so far they've kept their rates reasonable for me.

I do have high liability coverage; uninsured & underinsured coverage; medical; and a fairly low deductible and Roadside Assistance - $144 annually.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Godzilla Bobber,

After the total, how bad did the rates go up?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I'm with Foremost and my rates shrink every year!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bakeisback said:
Godzilla Bobber,

After the total, how bad did the rates go up?
The bike was totaled. When I bought the new bike, the policy was at the same cost. We'll see what happens at the end of the year. I was not cited for any traffic violations.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
momule said:
I'm in love with Flo.
You and about 10,000 other guys. :twisted: Shes hot. :D Just like Flo from "Mels Diner".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts