Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was trying to get a 650 back in July, I got a quote of $748 per year.
I called my insurance company today to get a quote for the 400.
If I go liability only, it would be $24 a year. Full coverage with a $250 deductable would be $168 a year. :p

I think the 400 will be better for me and for my bank account.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Just so we don't scare off potential 650 buyers, I'm paying $150/year for full coverage on mine. As we've seen, this can vary wildly depending on where you live, your age, driving record, and other factors. It is always wise to shop for insurance before deciding on a new vehicle purchase.

Glad you could find a better deal on insurance for your 400 Pinwheel!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 31 years old :( with less than a years riding experience in the Houston,TX area. And my husband is on the policy as well and we have 2 other bikes on the policy as well.

I was just trying to tell my experience so if someone wants a 650...go for it. I plan to once things get caught up around my house.

Progressive wanted a lot more for me and so did Bike-Line. I am not sure why. I think they run credit and I have a bankruptcy on there. :oops:

I am just thrilled that it's so inexpensive. The insurance for my Volusia is $235 a year with a $500 deductable. It's $35 for the 95 VS800 for liability only.

Now if my truck insurance would go down.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I should note here that State Farm just honored a claim on my Burgman that resulted from my own negligence in dropping it first on one side, then the other. I told them the truth, they honored my claim. Low cost is not the sole measure of a good deal.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lapine Rider said:
I should note here that State Farm just honored a claim on my Burgman that resulted from my own negligence in dropping it first on one side, then the other. I told them the truth, they honored my claim. Low cost is not the sole measure of a good deal.
I still can't believe you did that. That sounds so much like something that would happen to me since I have Murphy's Law on my side.
Glad that they handled your situation for you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have (almost) all my insurance with Farmers: my house, Ford Explorer, Honda Odyssey and VW Golf. When I bought the Burgman in August I asked my agent for a quote. It was almost $800. It was more than the '97 Honda. It was more than the '98 Ford. (The VW costs a lot more because it's the newest car -- long story -- the primary driver is only 21 and she had an accident when she was 19.) The Ford and Honda (and VW) insurance cover all three drivers in the family; the Burgman insurance was going to only cover me.

This could not be right I thought. So I went looking around. Progressive came in at $210 for full coverage plus roadside assistance. Obviously I chose that over the $800 policy from Farmers.

I called my agent back with a "never mind" call. She asked why, and I explained. The highlight of my day was when she replied "That's great news. I'll have my husband look at Progressive to cover his ATV."

FYI, I also checked Progressive and a few other companies for my car insurance, but Farmers wins there.

Bottom line: You really need to shop around. And the rules & rates really vary from state to state.

·
Registered
409 Posts
insurance is somewhat high in Cuyahoga County. Cleve, Oh area. I'm with American Modern Ins. Full coverage. $222. for the Bandit and $226 for the Burgman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts