Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if this sounds correct...
I currently have an '04 AN400 and am contemplating upping to a '13 650, so I contacted my insurance co to get a quote. I'm currently paying $58/yr on my 400, but they quoted me $40/yr for the 650. How can getting a larger bike be cheaper?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Make sure the coverage is the same on all points for both. That quote may be for lower coverage in some categories than your current coverage provides. Get out your current policy and go over it point by point with the agent.

Coverage on my 650 is slightly higher than coverage on my 400.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Full coverage?
Full coverage is a meaningless term.
Are you talking about the minimum amount
required by state law,
or are you talking about the maximum amount
that the insurance company will sell you?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dang! My insurance is $500 for the year on the 650

·
Registered
66 Posts
Make sure you have more than state minimum liability. You might want collision and comprehensive also on a new '13 650, or you might not.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Mine is just under $300/year for 100/300 comp/collision in the Tampa Bay area for an 07 650. It really depends almost entirely on where you happen to live.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
So many things affect insurance rates it is hard to compare them. Where you live, your driving record, your age, your credit history, your employment history, etc, etc can all get figured in. Two people living next door to each other can pay different rates on identical vehicles insured with the same company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dairyland insured my 2001 Goldwing 100/300/100 with comp/coll/roadside and a 250 deductable for $334/year here in Maine (six month riding season for all but the hardiest of souls). As a 59 yr old with over 40 years street experience on two wheels, 24 years insured with Dairyland, no accidents in past 12 years and a credit rating over 830 - imagine my shock when they quoted me $869/yr for the same coverages on a 2014 650 Burgman. I'll be getting a few more quotes before I commit to that rate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In the Phoenix Area so year round riding, I pay $251.00 a year with Geico on my 2013 Burgman 650. $100,000/300,000 injury liability with $100,000 property liability, comprehensive and collision coverage with $250.00 deductible and towing too. But I do have a few other bikes on the policy and get some other discounts which according to my latest bill significantly lowers the total cost of insuring all the bikes, $465.00 to be exact. I think less than $21.00 a month for full coverage on the Burg is reasonable. I've been with Geico for 7 years now and I've had one claim for a bike that fell over in the garage and cost $3000.00 to fix. I have absolutely no complaints with Geico's service.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
In Tampa, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is about 75% of my insurance bill. But with the yahoos you got driving here, you'd be foolish to go without it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
In Tampa, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is about 75% of my insurance bill. But with the yahoos you got driving here, you'd be foolish to go without it.
I have high liability limits on my policy only because I want high uninsured limits. In Virginia, uninsured motorists limits can be no higher than the liability limits. I'm not as concerned with uninsured motorists as I am with underinsured folks. Minimum limits are inadequate for almost any serious injury.

·
Registered
207 Posts
As mentioned earlier, comparisons are tough because it varies so much by region. Most important thing you can do is shop around. Get three to five quotes. I found Geico was cheapest for me last time (I think it was Progressive for my last bike).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts