Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a question. Will the new instrument panel be compatible with my 09 650? I like the new style of the cluster instead of the 80's look of the 09.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
To get a new instrument panel you will need a 2013 or newer 650 to go with it. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
You might be able to get it to work electronically but there will probably be some issue to resolve. Even if you do it's not going to fit inside your existing housing and the new housing is not going to mate correctly with your bodywork. If you are determined to make it work and are willing to do the fabrication that will make everything line up then yes. If your not into doing custom body and electronics work or paying someone else to do it then no.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You might be able to get it to work electronically but there will probably be some issue to resolve. Even if you do it's not going to fit inside your existing housing and the new housing is not going to mate correctly with your bodywork. If you are determined to make it work and are willing to do the fabrication that will make everything line up then yes. If your not into doing custom body and electronics work or paying someone else to do it then no.
Exactly.

Aside from which, it's highly likely the wiring looms would need modification/replacement as might the connectors which might be too involved. Viewing some model OEM part schematics (Ron Ayers or oneidasuzuki) between various model years might give some clues as to what might be involved. Possibly easier and simpler to trade/buy the model with the dash the OP prefers IMO.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hello all,
I have a question. Will the new instrument panel be compatible with my 09 650? I like the new style of the cluster instead of the 80's look of the 09.
The short answer that the easiest way to do it is to purchase yourself a new Burgman that already has the dash you like. Then you will have to decided to either sell your old bike or keep it and ride both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts