Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thanks for the help. You always give good detailed info. Bravo. I saw that bag with spacers and bolts a while ago. Saved the inage to my desktop. Maybe it was from you from a previous post

Tell me, did this bolt set come with the suzuki black metal plate or the givi plastic plate that the case can be quick released from?

The bolts that hold the side rails of the 400 do slip in to those holds in the back but i dont think they are long enough. I may have to find bolts and make up spacers on my own.

Noy so much ina rush since the 400 doesnt work. Im hoping in the next month or 2 the most ill buy another 400.

Im considering rebuilding the engine so I can sue the garage mechnic. The guy is shady and has no credebility. Id ask for partial of the rebuild price because of principal not because of greed $400.he may not come to court and lose then have to pay. It wont be worth his time and if yes thats great. The judge will look at him and will see how shady he is. Sorry my thoughts ran a different direction. Cheers

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The bolts and spacers came with the Suzuki black metal plate as shown in the photo of the thread I linked to. The one difference between the Suzuki mounting system and Givi mounting system is that the Suzuki plate is also the mounting base that the top case attaches to and can quick release from and that is bolted to the tail frame directly with the bolts and spacers.
When I had the Givi system on my 2005 Burgman 650 I remember the Givi system is a bike specific adapter bracket that bolts to the scooter tail from with bolts and spacers, and then the plastic Givi mounting plate attaches on top of that from which the top case attaches and can quick release from.

Not familiar with the 400 mounting situation but agree about needing longer bolts and spacers. Most bikes I've done this with either replace existing bolts with longer and spacers for the mounting bracket/plate or have special threaded holes that need long enough bolts with spacers for that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
rjs987,

Kinda off topic, but: Oneida has the unobtanium color-matched top case panel that will really finish the look. Search their website for SKU21036. Or click here.

You’re welcome.😁(y)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am thinking I'll just stick with the default Suzuki top case color panel for now. I like the contrast of black and white. From behind others see the white tail of my Burgman, then the black case, then my white helmet with a Hi-Viz stripe that is across the shoulders of my riding jacket in between the case and helmet. And the lighting that is mixed in there.

Though from behind you really cannot tell much about the color of that top case panel. It's really for aesthetics while standing and looking at the scooter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am thinking I'll just stick with the default Suzuki top case color panel for now. I like the contrast of black and white. From behind others see the white tail of my Burgman, then the black case, then my white helmet with a Hi-Viz stripe that is across the shoulders of my riding jacket in between the case and helmet. And the lighting that is mixed in there.

Though from behind you really cannot tell much about the color of that top case panel. It's really for aesthetics while standing and looking at the scooter.
I definitely get where you're coming from, and the scooter does look good with the all-black top case.

That said, I really wanted the color matched one, but I had a VERY hard time finding it. At one point, I was looking at importing one from England for a hefty fee. However, my local dealer was able to find it at Oneida for me last year. I'm surprised they still have them in stock, actually, because I don't believe Suzuki/Givi makes them anymore. At the very least, US dealers usually can't order them.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Actually if you only look at Givi or Suzuki you might not find the case or color panel. As I mention in other posts this case is actually the Kappa K49n top case. The Suzuki mounting plate and hardware is still available but I haven't found the case other than going directly to a seller of Kappa cases. I know that Kappa is owned by Givi but they have a slightly different styling, though the very same mounting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My mistake, there... should have read closer. That explains why I could never find the corresponding Givi case when trying to buy the case for my bike... it's a Kappa! And, I had no idea Kappa was made by Givi. :rolleyes:

Both my case and color panel are Suzuki parts, fwiw. I got my case from my local dealer a year ago, and if I remember correctly, at the time, they said there weren't many left in the country.

Have you had any issues with the top case rattling over bumps? Mine rattled a bit before I stuffed some foam rubber spacer material in between the case and the mounting plate. It still clacks if I hit a hard enough bump, like a recessed manhole cover. Since you've used the Givi mount before (on your 2005), did you find the Givi mount to be quieter than the Suzuki one? If so, I may consider switching mine to the Givi.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
There are rubber bumpers on the mounting plate to keep pressure against the case and the latch in the back. Holds it tight so far. I haven't noted any rattle... yet. Suzuki had Kappa put their "S" logo badge on top the case that Suzuki sold and also removed the Kappa branding on the carry handle part in back. Otherwise it is the very same case as I mentioned. So if you need another one (or anyone else is looking for this same case) just look up Kappa K49n in Google Shopping or your other favorite browser and there will be many sources to buy from. All are from out of the USA but even with shipping some that I found were very reasonably priced.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts