Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else frustrated with the almost impossible job of installing the 90degree elbow between the air filter box and the throttle body?
I have had to do this several times and wonder if Suzuki used one from some other bike . The only way I have been able to is with two pairs of vice grips...and then when I get it on the air box, it slips off while trying to get onto the throttle body. I usually get it on but this is by far the hardest thing I have found to do on this scoot. She is still running like new since I cleaned the fuel injector 馃槃. Now I am putting everything back together and am trying to think of some easier way to install the air hose. I have tried using silicone spray but it fits so tight it slips off with the least amount of jolt or handling. Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks. Wick.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
I finally got it back on.. Sprayed silicone on , put hose on air box used a stainless steel screw hose clamp to tighten it till it would not come off.. Had to hand wrestle it on using vice grips and a flat blade screw driver. Took close to an hour for these 82 year old hands.
Wick
E

Registered
Yes a pita job. Spray silicone helps. Also a small mirror on a telescoping stalk, to see if it's seated all the way.

Premium Member
Took close to an hour for these 82 year old hands.
Kudos buddy ...... a lot of people younger than 82 years old wouldn鈥檛 be able to remember why they walked to the garage ! What ever your doing keep doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts