Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Installing ABS brakes

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Buffalo 
#1 ·
Hello Everybody, I'm here in Afghanistan thinking of a way to install ABS brakes on my non executive 650 burgman. Any Idea on how to start? Thanks:rolleyes:

#2 ·
Buy a wrecked but complete Executive and transfer the ABS parts.

You will need the wheels with sensor rings, the ABS valve block and the abs controller.

I've been considering doing it, since Executives cost much more than standards here, due to 180% sales tax above a certain price threshold.

In the current market, I would take a huge hit trying to sell my own standard and buying an Executive.

#5 ·
You may want to get the wiring harness from the Exec as well. It contains all the hookups for the ABS electronics. You could probably piece them together but some of the plugs are specialized and likely hard to find.

#6 ·
Well if either of you take this forward please report back. It will be a very interesting project with impact much beyond the pure brake aspects and on to the bike, controls, dash and Tupperware. As ever space is at a premium and this will bedevil - but not defeat.;)

#7 ·
Norman's post reminds me, you will also have to acquire the front box from the Exec. The standard front box does not allow space for the ABS unit. Either that or you will have to cut the back out of the locking glove box and build a new back that clears the unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.