Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I finally installed it.
I used these instructions as a guide: http://vstrom.info/htmls/topcase/topcase.htm
I had a bit of a problem I broke off one of the plastic hooks that secures the rear panel (taillight access) Be careful when removing.

I was able to knock the hole into the mount by hitting upward from under the mount for the top case.

If you don't own a case yet, I would highly sugesst spending the extra $$ for a prewired kit. It was a bit of a PITA to install not difficult but when the little rubber gasket keeps comming out and then the wires from the light kit kept separating at the connectors. I taped the wire down to the PCB and cut notches to secure the board into the lamp housing.

Also I would suggest using a 12V power sorce to test the lights prior to final install on the bike.

Ed

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've said all along that the E52NF is the best deal. light kit already installed and it is actually cheaper than buying the case and the light kit separately. Only flaw (to some anyways) is that it comes flat black only.

Remember to take off the lower rear body piece first to access the push pins.

Wiring is easy. Tap into the right brake light

·
Registered
26 Posts
tat-2 said:
Well,
I finally installed it.
I used these instructions as a guide: http://vstrom.info/htmls/topcase/topcase.htm
I had a bit of a problem I broke off one of the plastic hooks that secures the rear panel (taillight access) Be careful when removing.

I was able to knock the hole into the mount by hitting upward from under the mount for the top case.

If you don't own a case yet, I would highly sugesst spending the extra $$ for a prewired kit. It was a bit of a PITA to install not difficult but when the little rubber gasket keeps comming out and then the wires from the light kit kept separating at the connectors. I taped the wire down to the PCB and cut notches to secure the board into the lamp housing.

Also I would suggest using a 12V power sorce to test the lights prior to final install on the bike.
Ed

I would agree, the light kit is kind of an PITA. keeping the wires connected to the PC board is a pain, I ended up using a wire tie to hold them in place. Once in and working it's great. The added brake lights really draws your attention. I also installed the backrest on the luggage rack. GIVI needs to put out better instructions, but I got through it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My E52 topcase was on my bike when I bought it. I negotiated that it is included in the price I paid MRSP plus tax, title and BS prep.... so, I didn't have much of a choice, either ride it without the extra brake light or install it myself.
I hooked into the left brake light (standing facing the rear).

Wiring it in was a snap oops, that was my plastic hooks.... :oops:

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts