Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Installed new Stereo

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  InfernoST 
#1 ·
Took a few pics of the stereo install, I used a Clarion CMS-1 Marine stereo with shark motorcycle speakers.

Sizing up the Control/Amp unit location

Speaker mounted on Motorcycle Larry dual ball master cylinder covers, I had to tap out the holes too 10mm x 1.5

Wiring connections prior to soldering & neatening up

Completed Control unit install (just need to devise a fastening method)

Completed Helm

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks a lot like mine. I bought a trunk, put the stereo in the trunk with two Shark speaker mounted on the side of the trunk. Have 2 more Shark speakers on the brake master cylinders similar to yours and the wired remote mounted in the same place. It all works pretty well. Mounted a right angled antenna on the side of the trunk. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

#5 ·
MrWick said:
Looks a lot like mine. I bought a trunk, put the stereo in the trunk with two Shark speaker mounted on the side of the trunk. Have 2 more Shark speakers on the brake master cylinders similar to yours and the wired remote mounted in the same place. It all works pretty well. Mounted a right angled antenna on the side of the trunk. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

Pictures please.

#6 ·
InfernoST said:
I'm happy with the Stereo but need to locate better speakers, these leave you a little wanting.
Good luck, I don't believe good motorcycle speakers exist. :(

Even on the Goldwing and Victory Vision - which have the best sound systems available - the sound washes out once you go faster than 50mph.

#7 ·
farqhuarforever said:
InfernoST said:
Even on the Goldwing and Victory Vision - which have the best sound systems available - the sound washes out once you go faster than 50mph.
......exactly why I went with some good helmet speakers....& the reason
Goldwings come wired for helmet speakers.

#8 ·
Duster said:
......exactly why I went with some good helmet speakers....& the reason
Goldwings come wired for helmet speakers.
Plus gives people like me who don't wear their helmet 100% of the time good incentive to put it on more. I want a http://www.amazon.com/Sena-Bluetooth-He ... C5VDDH1TC8 as soon as I can convince my wife to let me spend the money on it and I'll just play music from my phone.

#9 ·
farqhuarforever said:
InfernoST said:
I'm happy with the Stereo but need to locate better speakers, these leave you a little wanting.

I'm able to hear them @ 60mph quite clearly they just are too tinny. I ordered new replacement speakers which should be a big tonal improvement.

#12 ·
farqhuarforever said:
InfernoST said:

I know when I had my Royal Star Venture, I could hear fine at highway cruising speeds ("around" 70mph), with no washout. This whether i was using radio, or MP3 input.........never did try the cassette! :lol:
I did find though, that even with the speed sensitive volume, when I came off the highway and stopped at a light I had to turn things down so as not to be an annoyance to other road users.

#13 ·
Not a bad setup there Keith. Will have to make sure to stop by and take a listen next meetup. As for the washout, I don't know what the speakers and amp are rated for but the input source may be too low. Can always try an inline booster as a test. Had to do this with my last garmin unit and my j&M rig. -> http://boostaroo.com/

#16 ·
TechArtGuy said:
Not a bad setup there Keith. Will have to make sure to stop by and take a listen next meetup. As for the washout, I don't know what the speakers and amp are rated for but the input source may be too low. Can always try an inline booster as a test. Had to do this with my last garmin unit and my j&M rig. -> http://boostaroo.com/
I know it's April 1-so Sean, is it really you??? Just kidding! See you soon...time is flying. Sounds would be nice on Goldie Burgie...just kidding...not really.

#17 ·
TechArtGuy said:
Thanks Sean. There is plenty of volume, the sound from the speakers at higher volumes isn't the best. Hoping the new speakers bring a little more body to the listening experience, I ordered just the speakers only which should fit into those housings with little or no modifications.

Sean Are you heading to MASR this year?

#18 ·
Welcome Keith. Hope the new drivers yield better results. It is difficult to find a good waterproof driver with a high efficiency rating that doesn't cost your first born. But then again, what farkle doesn't :lol: . As for MASR, since the start of my night shift has been pushed back till june I may be able to attend if I don't have to work that weekend. And get the recent pending exec acquisition fitted for the trip of course :wink:

#20 ·
TechArtGuy said:
Welcome Keith. Hope the new drivers yield better results. It is difficult to find a good waterproof driver with a high efficiency rating that doesn't cost your first born. But then again, what farkle doesn't :lol: . As for MASR, since the start of my night shift has been pushed back till june I may be able to attend if I don't have to work that weekend. And get the recent pending exec acquisition fitted for the trip of course :wink:
Glad to hear things are looking up. :thumbup: I haven't made up my mind yet but am thinking I will go, must go talk to the boss. :D

#22 ·
Update

I ordered 2 sets of replacement speakers and found this one to sound and perform much better than the original Shark 3" speakers. I had to cut off the all of the steel around the speaker in order to get them to fit properly into the shark enclosures. I understand that I'm not in any way going to achieve audio bliss with this setup but it is much better sounding now and plays louder than the stock units.

[attachment=0:31kar992]speaker.jpg[/attachment:31kar992]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.