Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the plunge and added the cruise control! I installed an Audiovox vacuum assisted CC on my Hayabusa a few years back, and have always considered it my favorite mod. I just knew I wanted one for the Burgman, but was initially intimidated by the tutorial by Redbeard. I ultimately decided I would give it a go! Trying to keep this short, the system is working great but it didn't on my first few attempts. This was totally my fault due to not accurately following some instructions properly! First, I grounded the unit to a bolt by the handle bars instead of at the battery, I then wondered why the control switch kept flickering and shorting out! I corrected that issue and the control switch lit up solid like it is supposed to. When I took it on its test run it wouldn't engage at all, I went back to the instructions and realized again, I had not properly grounded a wire! This time it was the tach signal wire that also needed to be grounded directly at the battery. After correcting this, the next morning I rode it to work and the CC engaged on my first attempt.

On the mechanical side of things, I realized my throttle wasn't going through its full range of motion. This was because I failed to properly adjust the extended throttle arm, this meant I had to take a few Tupperware pieces off again to get to the throttle linkage. Double and triple check your work before you button everything up (duh!!)! All in all I'm glad I tackled the job as I knew I wanted it. I used a ThrottleMeister on the Busa before the Audiovox, and I've been using a Vista Cruise Control device on the Burgman. I still have the mechanical throttle locks installed on the bikes too.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,562 Posts
Earth grounds to chassis have knocked a few members down for a while. You found that all grounds must NOT be to the chassis but to a true battery supplied ground wire.

Teaching my son to do what is called "Nut and Bolt" check was a long fight for me. Nothing like getting up to 70 MPH and then hear "Cling Clang Thud" under the car and find out later your Snap-On $15 9/16" wrench is missing.

Reactions: Paderolis

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can I ask where you picked up the Rosta unit? This is a mod that both tempts me and scares me, but not having CC when touring is a big bummer and one of the things that makes other touring motorcycles a big temptation.

·
Administrator
20,562 Posts
Redbeard's cruise control installation instructions are stellar and work for any brand of pure electric cruise control you want to install.

Nogle gange virker bare undervisninger, der følger efter. :grin Trykte instruktioner

Its sometimes too easy to read into the directions, too much or not enough :grin Been there !!!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me use a BrakeAway mechanical cruise which is good but would love tho install a Rostra, however compared to the first generation of 650 bikes I find the second generation Tupperware so flimsy and cheap that I do not even want to remove some of the plastic unless I absolutely have to for a must do repair.

Makes me crinch to even think about it, I can see the dammm cheap plastic tabs flying off just thinking about it. :frown :crying Makes me miss my 2009 650.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took the plunge and added the cruise control! I installed an Audiovox vacuum assisted CC on my Hayabusa a few years back, and have always considered it my favorite mod. I just knew I wanted one for the Burgman, but was initially intimidated by the tutorial by Redbeard. I ultimately decided I would give it a go! Trying to keep this short, the system is working great but it didn't on my first few attempts. This was totally my fault due to not accurately following some instructions properly! First, I grounded the unit to a bolt by the handle bars instead of at the battery, I then wondered why the control switch kept flickering and shorting out! I corrected that issue and the control switch lit up solid like it is supposed to. When I took it on its test run it wouldn't engage at all, I went back to the instructions and realized again, I had not properly grounded a wire! This time it was the tach signal wire that also needed to be grounded directly at the battery. After correcting this, the next morning I rode it to work and the CC engaged on my first attempt.

On the mechanical side of things, I realized my throttle wasn't going through its full range of motion. This was because I failed to properly adjust the extended throttle arm, this meant I had to take a few Tupperware pieces off again to get to the throttle linkage. Double and triple check your work before you button everything up (duh!!)! All in all I'm glad I tackled the job as I knew I wanted it. I used a ThrottleMeister on the Busa before the Audiovox, and I've been using a Vista Cruise Control device on the Burgman. I still have the mechanical throttle locks installed on the bikes too.
Hi Paderolis. Can you please tell me if the 2012 Burgman Executive have an electric throttle control and if the Rostra cruise can be installed on it?

Thank you
Pierre

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi Paderolis. Can you please tell me if the 2012 Burgman Executive have an electric throttle control and if the Rostra cruise can be installed on it?
This thread is two years old and the OP doesn't log on very often. You might have better success sending him a PM directly.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello there,
Anybody kind enough to tell me how I can access redbeard tutorial for a Rostra cruise control installation on a Burgman 650 2012?
Thank you.

Pierre
Redbeard's cruise control installation instructions are stellar and work for any brand of pure electric cruise control you want to install.

·
Administrator
20,562 Posts
Here are two well written posts.

Redbeards:

And a modified install by member damocles:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts