Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing the autocom Pro-7 system for my Burgman 650. However, when I look over the cycle, I can't picture how to install the system with minimal hassles.

Ideally, the unit would mount under the seat, powered by the tailights, one of the headunit cords in front for the driver and the 2nd cord somewhere in the back for the passenger.

Has anyone installed one of these in your 650? If so, could you please share your info on how/where everything would go.

Your help would be MUCH appreciated in this matter!

Daryl

·
Registered
53 Posts
I suggest that you install it TEMPORARLILY ASAP in a fanny pack and fully test it with your passenger at highway speeds WITH your music device connected. Get an adaptor plug from Radio Shack to plug it into your accessory power socket for testing.

You are likely to send it back for a refund when you discover wind noise mutes your music, and other common problems I have discovered with intercoms. If, after fully testing it out, and you are still happy with it, let me know and I'll send you more details.

I just finished installing the Baehr Ultima XL Intercom and it is flawless on every test I gave it while it lived in my fanny pack. See the Header INTERCOM for details.

Fred

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I went to see the Autocom at a dealer. This is a great system. I believe that the Autocom is just as good as the Baehr Ultima XL system.

With the Autocom system, you can connect your radio, CB, radar detector, phone and GPS into it.

Fred, if it is still possible, please send me more details on how you installed your system into the 650.

I could save some bucks by installing myself rather than having the shop install it (they are not a Suzuki bike shop).

Thanks again

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will not go into it until you have fully tested it at highway speeds and then you like it well enough to keep it.

Let me know when you have it completely tested. I know that you are likely to return it, based on feedback from other buyers. See INTERCOM section for details.

Fred

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tested the Autocom. At the dealer, I rode passenger on their cycle equipped with the Autocom system. He even took me on a highway at 70MPH. This system is superb. The volume raises as your speed increases, when you slow down, the volume decreases.

Autocom is the choice of many WSBK, Ascar, Rally and other motorsports operations in Europe, as well as Rider Trainers and emergency services motorcyclists. They are so confident of their products quality they offer a money back guarantee.

This is the systemt that I am going to get. It's just a matter of whether I pay for them to install, I plow ahead and try to install it myself or receive help from this forum on how to best wire the 650.

If you do have any help on wiring the 650, thank you for the assistance, otherwise I will attempt it myself.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Daryl, I have an Autocom Pro 7 and use it at over 100mph with no problem. If you do go ahead with the Pro 7, you will have no problems at all, as your test ride suggests. I run conference calls with the Asia Head Office on mine when I'm travelling at 70mph and no-one even knows that I'm not in the office. It's a great system. Simple to use and set-up. My girlfriend loves it - no more slowing down to 40mph to talk. It annihilates in-the-ear headphones for music quality, too. Good choice.

I've got more than one bike, so I don't mount mine on the 650. I just put it in a waist bag or in my pocket as it's small enough to do that, and can be powered by 9V batteries as well as bike powered. If I were you, if no-one is willing to advise you on how to install, I'd bite the bullet and pay for the shop to install - provided that the cost isn't sky high. That way, if there is a problem with the installation you can always go back and lay the blame firmly at their doorstep.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Daryl,

I've installed my Autocom Active-7 Smart system and I am rapt. The box itself is under the seat, just adjacent to the toolkit, I've velcroed it in place.

I've run the +ve lead inside the hump to the fused side of the 12v outlet wire (cut back the insulation and soldered the lead to it, then insulation tape over the join) - the advantage of this is the outlet is a) fused (10 amps) and b) is switched on by the ignition).

The -ve lead is wired straight to the battery.

I'm in the process of running the phone and music lines to the glove box where I can velcro down my mobile phone and mini-disc player.

I'll take some photo's and upload them when I can.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm getting one

Based on this thread I went ahead and ordered the Pro-7 system for portable use. Should arrive this Saturday and I'm anxious to see how it works. The wife has been nagging me about my being out of touch when I'm on the bike and she cant phone me. Well, it was good while it lasted. :twisted:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys,

After installing the Autocom system and running around for a while now, I can state that it is the bees knees. Phone works wonderfully at 100kmh+, mutes the radio by about 50%, and the radio is crystal clear.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
It works great!

I installed the Autocom Pro 7 this past weekend and it is great! 75 - 85 mph and they dont even know I'm on the phone. Incoming calls mute the radio 100%. I use a Motorola V600 cell phone on my left side so I can reach down and push the side button to allow for voice dialing. Works like a champ. Radio and phone are both clear and amplified well in the speakers. I use a full face flip up type helmet with no problems at all. I would recommend this for anyone interested.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts