Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a motorcycle from one of our distributors next week and want to know if anyone here has any previous experience with a bike like this. It is a mid-70's (can't remember the year) Honda CB750K. I am getting it for only $400.00, so I figured why not. The only problem is it needs the seat recovered, but everything else is perfect. Has anyone on this forum owned one of these, or know someone who has. Any feedback is appreciated. 8)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thank, Norm.
Looked up a few of my old bikes, don't agree with most of what they had to say, but still a good site.

JD wrote
am buying a motorcycle from one of our distributors next week and want to know if anyone here has any previous experience with a bike like this. It is a mid-70's (can't remember the year) Honda CB750K. I am getting it for only $400.00
I had a 750/4 , depending on what your looking to do with it, it's as good as any other bike, almost any bike can "do it all" - with in limits.
The 750/4 dates bake to a time when we did not have so many categories. The same bike was used to go to the store -the next state -or out on the grass fields.
By today's standards I would still call it a very good basic transportation bike.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The original Honda CB750 (1969, I think) was an eye opener and the benchmark for for several years to come. I remember it fondly, especially the sound out of those 4 pipes when you revved it. Even today, one in good condition, could be fun. You did not mention the mileage, or what shape this bike is in. That would be the most important consideration, if I was buying it. Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
969 Posts
Be careful JD. A year ago a friend bought an early 80's 750, for about the same money, which seemed to run okay when purchased. Within hours though, it started sputtering and wouldn't run on all four. Seems his carburetors need new diaphragms. Also seems they're reeeeeely expensive. He hasn't gotten it fixed yet.

Just a heads up. I know you want something between your knees pretty badly. This may be the one, but be careful.

Steve

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. Worst case scenario is if I don't like it, my dad wants it. He already owns an 81' CB750C, so he could either ride it or use it for parts. My mechanic has already rode it and went over it completely, and found nothing wrong. He rode it hard for about 100 miles, he says it's a solid bike. I don't plan on riding it forever anyways, just maybe a play toy until it becomes Burger Time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ahh, the voice of confidence. Best of luck then, and see you on the road.

Steve

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Confidence? I don't have much of that anymore. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts