Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! wheaties 67 here.Is there anyone in Indiana who would like to get together for a ride in the central part of the state.Or anywhere around IN.If you want to let me know where you are from and where you might like to ride to?Let's do it before it gets cold!The southern part gets very pretty in the fall.I ride a 03 Suzuki 650 Burgman.If interested let me know and we can set something up. Thanks Mike Wheatley

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would be interested. My family lives within a stone's throw of Portland IN. Wife, father, and myself all would be ready to ride.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I would be interested, too. Be advised though, that my 'weekends' consist of Mondays and Tuesdays. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love to ride with you this fall! The State Parks in south-central Indiana are beautiful riding...Brown County, Spring Mill, or McCormicks Creek! Plus, my first 500 miles under 4,000 RPMs is almost done...and I can't wait to wind her out! -Curt Shedlak

·
Registered
23 Posts
Indiana ride.

I would enjoy a ride as well, Any of it sounds good to me. The farther away, the more time on the road. I do like the sound of the state parks, and the fall is the right time of year. My best fall time would be after late September. Summer is pretty much up for grabs. Please keep me posted.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Count me in from Lafayette! Let me know and I'll do my best to make it!

Also mull around the thought of a Indiana maxi-scooter club....maybe with a traveling meeting place each week or 2 weeks????

·
Registered
925 Posts
WildBillPurdue said:
Come on people! I wanna ride!!!!
I hear ya!! Maybe some of us will get a chance if all these storms would quit coming our way 5 days a week!! :evil:

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Indiana Rides

I belong to another group, the PC 800, and we are planning a ride in Oct. 06 for the Indiana Covered Bridges Ride. As I get more info on it I'll pass it along.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Re: Indiana Rides

slucop said:
I belong to another group, the PC 800, and we are planning a ride in Oct. 06 for the Indiana Covered Bridges Ride. As I get more info on it I'll pass it along.
Thanks! and I would be honored to ride with you! Let's hope the schedules mesh so I can shake hands with another great BUSA member!!

:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Enough Talk, Let's Ride!

I'm a new Majesty owner and would love to ride with any other big scooters in the Lafayette area. Maybe drive down south and meet some of those southerly brethren. Bloomington would be a great place to meet. Olivery Winery in on 37 just north of B-town too.

I'm lookin to put some serious miles on this summer and planning a trip to the southeast in July. So if anyone might be interested in joining me for part of the trek you're more than welcome. Smokie Mountains anyone? :)

David

·
Registered
925 Posts
David,
Just thought I would pop in and say hi! :D Maybe someday our fellow Hoosiers will meet up. Looks like I'll be there, but with my Grand Vista instead of a Burgman. :cry: I'm thinking about going back up to Turkey Run State Park again this summer. It's not 2 far from you. Maybe some of us could meet up then?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Let me know.if at all possible...I'm there!

I'm riding everyday in Lafayette (except some of the rainy ones...)

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
JD, most definitely. I've never been to Turkey Run before but I've heard it's pretty nice. I looked up the pictures of the Kymco--quite nice looking. How does it feel compared to your burgman? I just traded in my Scarabeo 150 for my Maj so I'm familiar with the intangible niceties of the smaller scoots.

Feel free to pm me your phone # and I'll give you a ring when the weather gets nicer.

btw--5 miles further south and we'd have to put you in the Kentucky riders forum...and you know what that means!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Turkey Run is a pretty nice place. I wouldn't ride that far if it wasn't. I currently don't own a Burgman. I bought the Kymco to ride for a while with the idea of buying a 650 this spring.....but things haven't worked out like I planned. Oh well, I'll just keep riding the Grand Vista until I sell it. And it's not my fault I'm so close to Kentucky!! Seems I just can't get away from the Ohio River Valley. I'll send you a PM with my number. Not sure when I'll go up there, but I'm almost always up for a ride either way.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
ICBR (Indiana Covered Bridge Ride)

Well it has been decided the dates will be the first weekend in Oct. 06. The meeting place and times have not been decided. As soon as they are, I'll pass that info along. I'm thinking it is going to be it the SW corner somewhere, near the Miss. River. above Cario, up to Marion or somewhere. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
ICBR (Indiana Covered Bridge Ride)

"Well Dang Me, they aught to get a rope and hang me" to quote one of Roger Miller's song. I've got it all wrong. I was thinking of another ride which took place in the SW Corner of Illinois. I'm not sure where the meeting place will be in Indiana.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any body want to meet up this Saturday Aug 9th and head down to the Motogp at Indy. How about 9:30 am McDonalds at the Mall south of Lafayette.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Terre Haute here. A group ride would be nice. Takes me about an hour+ to get to Indy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts