Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the big motorcycle show here in atlanta last weekend, there were bikes from every major dealer and a few i never heard of and probally won't again,this week however we are having an unsually warm week for january(mid-60's), so i was fortunate to take my burgie 400 out for a half-day ride, it's not an expensive motorcycle, to some it's not a motorcycle at all,it's not even the biggest burgman but it is heaven on two wheels to me, i glide around the roads and i come to the conclusion: if this is now all true bikers feel ,the style of bike is unimportant, wishing you all the joy of the ride for 2005

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Nice one Ronnie :thumbright:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maudlin along

sorry folks if my early spring fever was confused as maudlin, i just hope this weather last but afraid maybe a few more days only, as for the bike show a an400 and an650 were on display, no elusive s model 400 or an limited model 650, there was a lot of attention paid to the burgmans by everybody but the factory reps

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Come down to Orlando...

Our "Winter" seems to be over. We are staying in the low 80's during the day and low 60's at night. Great riding weather! Hope your "Spring" comes soon...

Dee

·
Registered
75 Posts
The International Bike Show is in Washington, DC this weekend (is that the same show you went to?)

We've been having incredible weather in this area too! 67 degrees this afternoon...can't wait for the ride home!

·
Registered
355 Posts
It is 35 dgrees and raining. Yesterday we had ice and snow. Aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
Fun isn't it. 38 and rain now, Fri. morning to be at -8 F.

Ready for summer.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Warm and Sunny

Well, it's warm and sunny here in Orlando. BUT we pay the price in more ways than one. It rains nearly everyday in the summer...TORRENTIAL rain not a nice soft rain...hard to ride in, you get soaked to the skin even in rain gear. And we took a 70% cut in pay to move here. Just making a statement..not complaining 'cause we can dive, fish, boat, ride and swim year round! Extremely poor but happy! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scuba girl, we love orlando,but the traffic!, every time we go there we try to make it the off-season, saint augustine/st. johns county is a great area for scooter riding,but too expensive to live, we are coming down in the spring with the burgy and a honda shadow on a trailer the road to st.augustine and daytona(the beach road) would be perfect for a cruise

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
St. Augusting to Daytona

ronniern,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! We have a great bunch "living" here in the forums so feel free to ask any questions or reply to any post. While we occasionally indulge in gentle ribbing there isn't anyone here that wouldn't bend over backwards to help. You will invariably get answers within minutes from this bunch...sometimes I wonder if anyone here actually has a life other than riding and this forum! (My self included much to the chagrin of my family)

The ride through St. Augustine down A1A to Daytona is absolutely beautiful. And yes the traffic is horrid even in the off season. Which I don't think there really is an off season anymore!

My brother has a home in Palm Coast 5 minutes from Flagler Beach that he rents occasionally. We are lucky enough to have use of it most of the time so we spend a lot of time up in that area.

Again, WELCOME!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can't ride down a1a without thinking of jimmy buffet, the only downside to taking the scoot to saint augustine is that there are two many cobblestone streets, i don't mind a little ribbing scuba girl,there's the important and unimportant a little heart attack teaches you that

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Cobblestones...

Oooo, forgot about the cobblestones. We have them in an area I ride through to go to work and they are treacherous in the rain. Not to mention the scrambling your brain gets!

Jimmy Buffett, yep...love his music. Have you read any of his books? Tales from Margaritaville was hilarious. A Pirate Looks at 50 was very interesting and provided quite a bit of insight to his music I thought.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually scuba girl, i made it 10 years in a row to buffet's shows here in atlanta, have read a pirate looks at 50, and joe merchant book only,i understand he is coming out with a new one also, it looks as if my indian summer is coming to an end have to teach advanced life support today, and a 60% chance of rain by days end,...i need to win the lottery

1 - 13 of 13 Posts