Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uh,hey guys, a few years back , we might have said some harsh words about bad haircuts and too strict rules and we didn't want to join the navy and our girlfriends werent french wh**&(^ s and stuff and we might have made some hasty decisions , and , well rent is getting kind of hard to pay, and medical bills are really tough, and I was just wondering, have you redecorated the bedroom yet?? I mean , just tilll we get back on our feet again

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
That has totally confused me. Can someone explain to this Limey? :confused:
You didn't miss any pop-culture or regional references.

The joke is that it's referencing "Independence Day" in the context of independence from parents. This is contained in a convoluted run-on sentence that's a request to move back in with them due to economic hardship.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rusty, thank you for translating that for us. I couldn't figure it out either. :study:

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
...and here I thought he had too many July 4th beers........:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Speaking of Limeys & the 4th of July reminded me of when Randy Andy & Fergie became the Duke & Dutchess of York.
By happenstance I happened to be there that day & they did a walkabout outside the Yorkminster before they went in. The crowd was not terribly large & they chatted very briefly with anyone who wanted to say something to them.
I mentioned how very decent it was of them to throw such a nice party for the Fourth of July.:D
Fergie was gorgeous & close enough to shake hands except they didn't do any of that. She had an armful of flowers & Andy had his arms crossed across his chest.
I know there was a lot of security but it was not very obvious. You had to look to see the security measures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I got married on July 4th 43 yrs ago....and speaking of hair-cuts, I have been using a Flowbe for 20 yrs so do it myself at home in total of 10 minutes. I could use a good beer in this Tavern about now....I am a homebrewer and think I will pop open a big orange (coriander-orange pale ale). Picking up my 400 Tues...4-5 hr ride back. Hope to sell my Guzzi, no luck so far, only room in the ole garage for just one bike...guess I will park them in-line with guzzi in front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts