Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in need of a speed sending unit (the one with the wires which go from the wheel to the speedometer).

Does anyone here know an inexpensive place to get one?

Or, perhaps have one they might sell?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Are you talking about item #19 on this fiche http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/suz/508c05b8f870020498e3698d/speedometer-an400k3-k4-k5-k6

I have to ask what the problem is. If the unit just quit working it's likely the rotor inside the sensor broke. It's item #21 on the fiche. That is a common occurrence. You may be able to just glue it back together. Many have done so. Just remove the sensor, gently pry the seal out, clean the rotor up, glue it back together, grease it with some wheel bearing grease, install it back in the sensor and tap the seal back into place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I glued my back successfully and it's working fine. However I also had another problem where the wire got pinched by the steering lock and one of the inside wires was severed. The outside sleeve looked perfect and there was no evidence of damage. A symptom of this fault is that the speedo would occasionally work especially when locking side to side.
Cheers
Fran

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2003 burgman speed pick up rotor on the front axle broke at 3000 miles in 2013. Disassembled cleaned and epoxy glued together, now have 5200 miles on the '03. You can buy the part at dealer for about $40. Pretty easy fix with few tools. You can view You Tube for front wheel removal. Glue it together and it will be better than a new one as speed pick up all seem to have flaws that can sever at nay time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts