Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm quite certain that it is a tidied up version of the Piaggio X9's comms system (PICS), the main improvement being the absence of wiring for the earpiece, it having been replaced (it seems) by more resilient printed circuitry.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I believe it's a mobile phone headset designed to specifically fit the new Givi HPS helmet. Fitting it into another helmet would be interesting since you'd have to cut out additional space for the PC board. I question what effect that would have on the protection provided by the helmet.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
My guess is from the size and shape you'd have to do some work on the existing foam of the helmet. I wonder if Givi will even offer it here ans at what price. I'm looking at using something like this for FRS radio with my Burgman :

https://www.rflimited.com/Site.asp?CID=3

·
Registered
19 Posts
ipod connection

mm I agree about it being somewhat like the piaggio x9 system I am interested in the connections tho cos I have many x9 pics headsets owing to them breaking often....I used mine daily ...so am trying to adapt it to fit into any helmet my biggest problem over here has been getting the correct size adaption to plug into either a radio or in my case an ipod instead of the connection to the x9 I cant seem to lay my hands on a simple $2 piece.. very frustrating
debs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts