Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On July 25,2012 MJR responded with a very good set of pictures for checking the imput adapter gear and engine driven gear.with the cover off exposing these gears,my question is. Could the these gears be lubricated ? Seems like if this can be done it would add to the longevity of this vital gear.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
lubrication doesn't seem to be at the core of the problem, vibration induced wear is the enemy there....
some have resorted to using two primary adapters in order to both quieten and stabilize the vibration/torque etc...
there was a thread on that a while ago, look it up.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily pump grease in but I am thinking when I put the '06 back together using the silver anti-seize to coat the inside and gear with a brush after I've cleaned it out good. Without taking it apart you would just trap the crap that's in there already. Hopefully this should prevent the rusting and also reduce wear between the two gears. I am also thinking of sealing the CVT case to engine case and stamped cover with a anaerobic to keep moisture out.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the response.The two of you are an asset to this web site.Thanks for your contribution. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts