Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going round and round with MotoBatt and my failed battery!
It started going bad after just 4 months and died completely after 8. :angry4:
They have been very slow to respond to any of my correspondence and even slower to replace my battery even after jumping through the hoops of troubleshoot their bad product. It has now been over 2 weeks without a battery and I had to call and tell them that they received the top (proof of purchase) and need to send out the replacement. They didn't even know that it had been sitting there for 3 days already. They have promised to call and update me throughout the process but I have never been called. It actually seems like I am guiding THEM through THEIR process with my calls and proof I provided of the process being followed. Needless to say I am very unimpressed with their product and customer service right now!
:diabloanifire:

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
That's a bummer. What company did you purchase it from?

I have had mine for 3 years and it is still doing great. I purchased mine from Sun Battery Co in Florida.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MotoBatt.com which is evidently Impact Battery Inc.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've had good and bad luck with batteries. The first was good - I replaced it with a battery from BatteriesPlus and it lasted 1 month over a year and died. I replaced it with another BP battery (price and availability were major factors in choice), hook up my battery tender religiously if it sits for any length of time and it has made it over two years already.
I figure if I can get two and a half or three years out of a replacement MC battery I'm doing GREAT!

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
that's a sure way to shoot oneself in the foot and loose customer faith in one's product and support.

They are supposed to offer a two year warranty for their product. I have not been a long term customer of their as I have only purchased a battery from them for my 650.

sorry to hear about your experience, I hope they learn something about it and it also serves as a warning for all others that may be on the side line considering one of their products.

good luck.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the battery not come with a warranty ?

I thought all battery's had at least a pro-rated warranty .
Yes, it is a full 2 year replacement and not prorated which made me feel better at the point of purchase. They had the record of my purchase and seems to me it should have been a no-brainer process. Boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I finally got the replacement battery Saturday. The date code on it is 05-01-13 (the bad one was 05-01-12). They have yet to reply to my email which the automated reply stated they would contact me within 24 hours 4 days ago (last thursday). The battery works just like the other did when new. Now only time will tell if it will still be going this time next year.....

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Their reply came 5 day late and was useless and as follows:
So now the questions are:
Do I get a discount or free shipping for your delaying the replacement of my battery?
Does the replacement battery have the full 2 year warranty on it or have I lost 1/2 of the original warranty do to it's failure?
How do you restore my faith in your products and customer service?
In answer to your questions:

No you will not get a discount on the warranty shipping fee.

Your warranty goes from the date of original purchase.

We will probably never restore your faith in the MotoBatt product or our customer service if you continue to blame us for what has transpired.
Wow lost my business and I will let everybody I know not to deal with them. Who and what am I to Blame if not their product and their poor customer service???:angryfire:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Unbelievable !!! That cs person is totally in the wrong job

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Incredible ! Me very happy I not ever deal with this company and people.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Sorry about your bad experience, Steve.

Hope you have much better luck with this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts