Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an older Imac 20" G4 for the wife. I found one on ebay. Still has 6 days left and I expect the price to go much higher than current. You guys have made me skeptical of any ebay auction. How can I verify if its legit and second: How much would be too much to pay for this computer. Thanks.

We have never owned an Apple before. Any comments on this paticular computer is appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5748391496

·
Super Moderator
18,089 Posts
It seems like a positive listing, and he does have a history.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If your worried ask him if he will except escrow , off the top I don't see any reason to think it's a scam
The only "thing" I did not like was back in Nov. his rating was 223 -after 5 sales -with feed back posted -
his rating has not changed ..Maybe someone else here can tell you if that means anything.
You could also send an email to his last couple of winners.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Is there any reason in particular you are looking at a used iMac? I have an eMac: 17" CRT monitor with the same processor, same ram but smaller hard drive. Fabulous machine if you don't absolutely have to have an LCD display or the form of the iMac. By the time the smoke clears and the auction is over I'll bet the prices would be very similar. The eMac does look like a bit of a lump but still the whole thing takes up the space of a standard 17" monitor. The big plus of going new is you have full support from Apple which would come in handy if you have never had a Mac before. They are easy to use but some of thier conventions can be confusing for the first little while to Windows users.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rubble said:
Is there any reason in particular you are looking at a used iMac? I have an eMac: 17" CRT monitor with the same processor, same ram but smaller hard drive. Fabulous machine if you don't absolutely have to have an LCD display or the form of the iMac. By the time the smoke clears and the auction is over I'll bet the prices would be very similar. The eMac does look like a bit of a lump but still the whole thing takes up the space of a standard 17" monitor. The big plus of going new is you have full support from Apple which would come in handy if you have never had a Mac before. They are easy to use but some of thier conventions can be confusing for the first little while to Windows users.
Before christmas we seen at Fry's a Imac G4 next to the G5. We/She liked the movable LCD screen. WIth the bluetooth and wifi you only have a power cord connected to the computer and you can lower the scree to hide the base behind it. More eye candy than anything.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yes the look is great. I'm a Mac lover from a long way back but this is only the second I've owned as opposed to numerous Windows machines. What ever you end up getting I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I still think the suggestion to insist on escrow.com (offer to split the cost with the seller) is wise.':wink:'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts