Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

i'm thinkin bad news for my bike

900 Views 31 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Charbroil
i'm getting some valvey diesely noise, loud enough for my deaf馃悗 (not a horse) to hear. i am computer illiterate and do not have equipment to send recordings, so, that's out.
what are some signs symptoms that would indicate a valve problem? i already checked the polish adapter thingy bolt (technical terms provided by swmbo)
I can call, (phone will do that )if that would help'
she;s got 63 k miles on her and i'd love to get another 63 k
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I still wouldn't mind trading my honda for a 14 or up 650
You still have your DCT Rebel?
I鈥檓 guessing at 63k miles it could be just about any component in the CVT on its way out. Does it sound like maybe the CVT primary position is hunting back and forth while idling? You got a buddy nearby with a cell phone who can record it for you?
Reactions: 1
You still have your DCT Rebel?
yep, started looking for a burg 400 to trade, no 650's 400's at stealerships in a 50 mile radius :mad: all the dealerships here say " What is a Kymco? does it go in a lake? have 4 wheels? fly? I can order one for you for a non refundable deposit"
Sometimes I hate living in the sticks,,, mostly not.
thanks Daris, closest dealer is 66 miles away, does not do trade, and at 66 miles, any warranty/ shop work is a problem, if they traded, i would probably dump this hognda on em like a steamin pile of shpagetti
Maybe if they knew it had stirrups they'd make an exception.
I'm shocked that bike has been difficult to sell.
I'm shocked that bike has been difficult to sell.
Honda did an"upgrade" in both 22 and 23 so 21 was less desirable, supply is still pretty limited but demand seems to be for the manual with a louder muffler
exhaust leak might be it. i looked for oil in tail pipe, it's dry black soot, (good to know next time i need to do some night time sneakin)
My bike used to be more noisy than it is today. When I bought it 8 months ago I remarked to the owner that it made more noise at the front of the bike than at the rear. Fast forward to my recent trip to Eureka Springs. When Sunrise Honda put a new tire on the back for me in Rogers Arkansas they had to drop the entire exhaust system to do the job. After the tire was installed and the exhaust system was put back on...my bike is notably more quiet now up front. So I would check the exhaust first thing. Probably a quick and easy fix...
the noise is less now, it is/was in the cvt area like you said, and hunting is a good description, I kkpulled the stopper bolt and replaced it during the last oil change and despite having the rear wheel locked and not moving anything the stopper bolt just seems to be too long, I torqqued it, then tightened it some more, still too long, then after about 300 miles the bolt backed out, a little , so I started another thread on stopper bolt, this morning I investigated fmore and will post in the stopper bolt thread
the noise is less now, it is/was in the cvt area like you said, and hunting is a good description, I kkpulled the stopper bolt and replaced it during the last oil change and despite having the rear wheel locked and not moving anything the stopper bolt just seems to be too long, I torqqued it, then tightened it some more, still too long, then after about 300 miles the bolt backed out, a little , so I started another thread on stopper bolt, this morning I investigated fmore and will post in the stopper bolt thread
Uh oh鈥 hopefully you didn鈥檛 inadvertently 鈥渆nlarge 鈥 the slot area that the bolt goes into
21 - 32 of 32 Posts